For our location in Ludwigshafen, Germany we are looking for a
Analytical Scientist Chromatography (m/f/i)
The Analytical Scientist is an integral part of the analytics group in medicinal chemistry. The facility supports a group of around 30 synthetic chemists by analytical and preparative chromatography. A state of the art reaction control environment offers versatile tools for identification of reaction mixtures and targets by LCMS and SFC. Difficult purification challenges are individually approached with automated method development and the combined power of preparative scale reversed phase (RP) and supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC).
- Your proficiency in state-of-the-art chromatography techniques, experience in troubleshooting technical instrument problems and familiarity with safety procedures distinguishes you
- Your experience in design and execution of chromatographic methods hyphenated with mass spectrometry for small molecules enables you to tackle difficult analytical problems
- You possess profound knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry to assess best analytical conditions
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art instrumentation and have first experience with software scripting
- You are responsible for maintaining the LCMS and SFC instruments and the data processing stations, as well as overseeing and advancing the LIMS system
- You show a high degree of independence in your work and you are keen to collaborate with other teams
- You hold a Master's degree or equivalent in Analytical or Organic Chemistry, chemical engineering or a closely related field; having 2 years or more of work experience would be a plus.
- You communicate and present fluently in English.
- You are an excellent communicator with the ability to motivate and to inspire you work effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- As a strategic thinker with the ability to anticipate future problems you like to take charge and drive change.
- You are excited by innovation and keen to improve processes, methods, systems, products or services.
We offer you:
- A fantastic opportunity to work in a world-class team
- A mentor who will assist you as coach and contact person
- A supportive environment that allows you to focus on your role and tailor your work to your individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany as well as a wide range of career paths and opportunities for further development
We are looking forward to your online application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.