Role: API Gateway Architect (m/f/d)
Number of positions: 1
Location: Ingolstadt, Germany
Duration: until December 2019, option to extend
Start: March 2019
Remote or Onsite: Mixed
Level: 3+ years
Contract Type: Freelance
Other: Candidates must be eligible to work as a freelancer in Germany with all the necessary permits/documentation/visas.
As part of the standardized and secured provision of program interfaces of backend systems (API - application programming interface), an API gateway is operated in the customer's local data center. This gateway performs various tasks such as the general provision of the interfaces, authentication or transformation of corresponding requests. The general project scope is about the conception and further gateway development as well as conception and implementation support of appropriate management gateway services and policies.
- Coordination with participating specialists for the conception and implementation of gateway requirements.
- Analyze the requirements of the customer and the developers involved with regard to feasibility, safety and operability.
- Consulting in the conception of the basic API gateway in the local infrastructure of the customer.
- Advice on the construction and further development of the gateway.
- Analysis of requirements of front- and backend systems to be connected to the gateway.
- Coordination with participating development parties to connect the front and backend systems to the gateway.
- Conception of the implementation logic of interfaces on the gateway.
- Clarification of queries regarding the implementation of interfaces on the gateway and connection of interfaces to the gateway.
- Documentation of the results
- API gateway experience
- Familiarity with web services (SOAP, REST...)
- experience in complex infrastructures
- API documentation standards (Open API/Swagger, RAML)
- Distributed Web Services Systems (HTTP, SOAP, REST, JSON, XML, etc.)
- Handling of APIs within a business environment/enterprise context, web
- authentication methods and standards (Digest Auth, OAuth, etc.)
- Knowledge in the area of API Management Software and API Gateways (usage and setup)
- Linux Server administration & technologies (confident handling of CLI)
- Understanding business problems, needs, or opportunities in the Connected Car area
- Creation of API Gateway relevant solution designs in coordination with project stakeholders
- Leading the architectural design, development, deployment & technical quality of API Gateway based solutions
- Central customer contact for gateway and policy design decisions
- Validates/evaluates if technical requirements are met
- Familiar with multiple architectural, development & operational methodologies
- Specification and documentation of custom and reusable solutions.
- Capturing & sharing architectural IP
- Oversee the implementation & governance of architectures
- Evaluation of cross-project architectural concepts
- Guidance and regular exchange with API gateway developers
Languages: Fluent German
Deadline: 22nd March 2019
Tagwords: API, WebServices, Open API