We are a physician-led, integrated global oncology company. Our goal is to unveil the complex mechanisms of cancer, in order to support precision oncology. Through our three divisions, IndivuServ, IndivuType, and IndivuTest, we offer specialized products and services that support our customers in biomarker and target discovery, drug development, clinical trials, individualized therapy, and more. With more than 200 employees across Europe, North America, and Asia, we are an internationally minded, future-oriented company with an ambitious growth strategy and a strong international reputation. You will work with an innovative team of leading laboratory and bioinformatics scientists, product managers, and clinicians. Become part of our community, united by the goal of curing cancer.
In the Advanced Analytics and AI group within the IndivuType division you will have access to a truly unique patient derived tissue-based oncology data resource and state-of-the-art technology to perform project-based analyses. Our multi-omics database in combination with our powerful nRavel® analytics platform drives cutting-edge precision medicine approaches to tackle cancer using a broad array of systematic molecular measurements including genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics data reflecting the individual molecular landscape of each patient.
We have several positions currently open in our group with the following focuses:
1) The maintenance and development of our technology stack (pipelines, databases, and AWS infrastructure) that is the foundation of the IndiuvType multi-omics resources.
2) The maintenance and development of analytical workflows and associated technologies used in interactions with our clinical and academic partners
3) The development and exploitation of oncology related analytics on multi-omics data sets in the context of analytical services and internal discovery projects.
In the position offered here you will have the opportunity to invent and integrate clinically relevant tools. Working closely together with physicians from partner partner hospitals all over the world, we build webapps to view and analyze clinical and multi-omics data and to run research-based projects with the goal to drive frameworks for multi-omics data analytics in clinical research.
Moreover, you will work on analytical projects distributed across the oncology-informatics spectrum, from database driven approaches, to statistical analyses, working closely together with clinical data and software development teams. Furthermore, this position gives the opportunity to not only analyze various "omics" datasets in isolation, but to develop methods on how to integrate these molecular data types to generate a more comprehensive understanding of cancer biology across large patient cohorts.
Bioinformatician / Data Scientist (Clinical Analytics) (m/f/d)
- Development and validation of bioinformatics workflows for webapps.
- Undertaking analysis, documentation, and presentation of analytical projects, either for internal projects, customers or the clinical network.
- Initiate and develop integrative clinically relevant multi-omics approaches on the IndivuType database.
- Aid quality control of clinical and omics data within the database.
- Export and process standardized datasets from (inhouse) clinical and multi-omics databasesBioinformatician / Data Scientist (Clinical Analytics) (m/f/d)
- University degree in bioinformatics, biomathematics, biological sciences or similar.
- Extensive experience in computational analysis of large-scale biological datasets including but not limited to mass-spec based proteomics, transcriptomics (RNA-Seq and small-RNA-Seq) and whole genome / exome sequencing.
- Experience in combining multiple distinct -omics technologies, as well implementing machine learning methods on biological datasets, is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages and software environments common to bioinformatics (Python, R) as well as with Unix based operating systems.
- Knowledge of databases an advantage (MySQL, Oracle, AWS Redshift).
- Familiarity with tools such as github / bitbucket and Docker.
- Oncology experience is an advantage.
- Drug development and / or industry experience an advantage.
- Fluent English is a requirement, German is a plus.
What We Offer
- Demanding area of responsibility in a fast-growing company
- Creative freedom
- A collegial team and a good working atmosphere
- Continuing education and training
- Grant for the HVV ProfiTicket
- Subsidy for sports membership and events
- Fresh fruits and drinks
- Christmas and summer party
- Flexible working hours
- German and English courses
- The 24th and 31st of December are holidays and won´t be deducted from your annual holidays.
Would You Like to Contribute to the Success of Our Company?
Please apply online and include your salary expectations and current notice period.