We are a physician-led, integrated global oncology company. Our goal is to unveil the complex mechanisms of cancer, in order to support precision oncology. Through our three divisions, IndivuServ, IndivuType, and IndivuTest, we offer specialized products and services that support our customers in biomarker and target discovery, drug development, clinical trials, individualized therapy, and more. With more than 200 employees across Europe, North America, and Asia, we are an internationally minded, future-oriented company with an ambitious growth strategy and a strong international reputation. You will work with an innovative team of leading laboratory and bioinformatics scientists, product managers, and clinicians. Become part of our community, united by the goal of curing cancer.
In the Advanced Analytics and AI group within the IndivuType division you will have access to a truly unique patient derived tissue-based oncology data resource and state-of-the-art technology to perform project-based analyses. Our multi-omics database in combination with our powerful nRavel® analytics platform drives cutting-edge precision medicine approaches to tackle cancer using a broad array of systematic molecular measurements including genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics data reflecting the individual molecular landscape of each patient.
We have several positions currently open in our group with the following focuses:
1) The maintenance and development of our technology stack (pipelines, databases, and AWS infrastructure) that is the foundation of the IndiuvType multi-omics resources.
2) The maintenance and development of analytical workflows and associated technologies used in interactions with our clinical and academic partners
3) The development and exploitation of oncology related analytics on multi-omics data sets in the context of analytical services and internal discovery projects.
The offered position here has a focus on technology-driven preparation and provision of multi-omics data from outstanding high-quality cancer patient derived tissue samples. However, you will also have the opportunity to develop and run innovative analytical workflows on the generated datasets. Importantly, flexibility and love to learn is necessary as individually assigned tasks can be divers and inter-disciplinary and you will work on projects distributed across the oncology-informatics spectrum.
On the one hand, you will be responsible for processing, storage, monitoring, and quality control of molecular big data using state-of-the-art cloud computing infrastructure. This involves continuous interaction and development of our databases. The job requires both the ability to guide software development with your molecular biology and bioinformatics knowledge and the skills to communicate and translate technical topics to analysts having various backgrounds.
On the other hand, you will perform project-based molecular data analyses through the use and development of bioinformatics tools on our nRavel® analytical platform. One major task is the integration of clinical data with various types of "omics" data to get new insights into cancer biology and to advance precision medicine.
If you are looking for a meaningful, multi-facetted job where you can bring in both your information technology (IT) skills as well as your molecular biology knowledge to ultimately fight cancer do not hesitate to apply!
Bioinformatician / Data Scientist (Multi-Omics Tech-Stack) (m/f/d)
- Development, automation, maintenance, and monitoring of state-of-the art big data processing workflows in area of multi-omics bioinformatics.
- Undertaking oncology related data analysis, documentation, and presentation for both external clients and internal scientific projects.
- Initiate and develop integrative multi-omics approaches.
- Aid quality control and monitoring of clinical and omics data within the IndivuType database.
- University degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, biological sciences or similar.
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages and software environments common to bioinformatics (Python, Perl, R) as well as with Unix based operating systems.
- Extensive experience in computational analysis of large-scale biological datasets including, but not limited to, mass-spectrometry based proteomics, transcriptomics (RNA-Seq and small-RNA-Seq), and genomics (whole genome sequencing / exome sequencing).
- Familiarity with data versioning tools such as Github / Bitbucket and virtualization via Docker containers.
- Knowledge of databases is an advantage (MYSQL, AWS Redshift).
- Experience in integration of multi-omics datasets as well implementing machine learning methods on biological datasets is a plus.
- Experience in oncology research is an advantage.
- Experience in drug development and / or within the biotech industry is an advantage.
- Fluent English is a requirement, German is a plus.
What We Offer
- Demanding area of responsibility in a fast-growing company
- Creative freedom
- A collegial team and a good working atmosphere
- Continuing education and training
- Grant for the HVV ProfiTicket
- Subsidy for sports membership and events
- Fresh fruits and drinks
- Christmas and summer party
- Flexible working hours
- German and English courses
- The 24th and 31st of December are holidays and won´t be deducted from your annual holidays.
Would You Like to Contribute to the Success of Our Company?
Please apply online and include your salary expectations and current notice period.