Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there's no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that's the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Ibex™ Solutions, our recently launched unique biological manufacturing and development concept in Visp, Switzerland, we have multiple openings. Become part of this exciting opportunity and join our team by applying for a position as a Bioprocess Engineer for Ibex™.
Lonza is seeking Bioprocess Engineers with a relevant background in Life Sciences. If you bring a passion for Biotechnology and want to make a difference in your career apply now.
Ibex™ is a campus of five manufacturing complexes with agile capability at every stage of development and manufacture. The Ibex™ campus is based in Visp in the middle of the Swiss Alps, which is an inspiring place to work.
Bioprocess Engineer for Ibex™ (m/f/x)
- As Bioprocess Engineer, you will secure operational activities for assigned manufacturing projects in upstream or downstream areas with responsibility for manufacturing execution with regard to the safety and quality standards and on-time-in full delivery
- You will act as the functional lead for preparation, manufacturing execution, cleaning and changeover in the assigned area
- In upstream processing (USP), you will be in the lead in one or more defined USP areas, including single-use or large scale stainless steel bioreactors for mammalian cell culture
- In downstream processing (DSP) you will be in charge of the purification of monoclonal antibodies and other therapeutic proteins for clinical and commercial manufacturing projects
- Master's Degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related Life Science subject, or Bachelor's holder with additional working experience in relevant industry
- Knowledge in either USP (such as bioreactors) or DSP units (such as chromatography)
- GMP understanding
- Excellent communication skills in English and/or German
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.