- Developmental and Evolutionary Biology & Genetics
- Immunobiology and Infection Biology & Medicine
- Cognitive Research
Art der Stelle
Coordinator (m/f/d) for International Max Planck Research School for Translational Psychiatry
Stellenangebot vom 29.07.2020
The International Max Planck Research School for Translational Psychiatry (IMPRS-TP) offers interdisciplinary training in molecular, cellular and systemic psychiatric research to outstanding doctoral students in an environment of scientific excellence and collaboration. The School is a joint initiative of the Max Planck Institute (MPI) of Psychiatry, the MPI of Neurobiology and Research Groups of the Faculty of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, Neuroanatomy and Neuropathology of the Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich. The IMPRS office is located at the MPI of Psychiatry.
- Coordination of the recruitment process for the PhD students
- Organization of selection symposia and interviews
- Organization of the course program in close cooperation with the scientific faculty
- Maintenance of the IMPRS-TP website
- Advertisement of the PhD program
- Organization of events (including annual retreats of PhD students and advisors to facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration)
- Preparation of meeting reports, evaluations of events, registrations, applications, as well as updating guidelines
- Support of PhD students (e.g. visa issues, accommodation, dealing with public administration), tracking of Thesis Advisory Committees and keeping track of achievements of PhD students
- Budget responsibility for IMPRS-TP
- Day-to-day communication with PhD students, advisors, applicants, reviewers, partner programs
Your qualificationThe applicant should have a PhD in a related scientific field. Professional experience in running structured, international PhD programs would be an asset.
We seek an enthusiastic, self-motivated person who works in a structured manner and has excellent communication and organizational skills. Experience working in a multinational environment is advantageous. The coordinator must be fluent in spoken and written English and German.
Our offerSalary is determined following the salary scale of the German TVÖD. The position is initially limited to two years with the opportunity of extension.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Max Planck Society is committed to employing more individuals with disabilities. We also seek to increase the percentage of female employees in areas where they are under-represented.
For more information about the IMPRS-TP please visit http://www.imprs-tp.mpg.de/.
Applications, including motivation letter, CV and letters of recommendation, should be received until August 31st 2020.