Art der Stelle
Data Base Manager SHARE (f/m/d)
Stellenangebot vom 19.02.2019
The ‘Munich Center for the Economics of Aging’ (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy offers a full time position as Data Base Manager (f/m/d) in the SHARE project at the earliest possible date. The position is limited to a two-year contract, with the possibility of extension conditional on funding. SHARE, the ‘Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe’ is a large international social science panel study. The data combines extensive cross-national information on socio-economic status, health, and family relations of Europe’s elder population.
Your tasks will include:
- Processing and documentation of SHARE data
- Data checks in close cooperation with the SHARE country teams
- Mentoring, supporting and training of SHARE country teams
- Writing of data correction files in Stata
The successful applicant will have the following education, skills and competencies:
- University degree in social sciences, sociology, psychology, statistics, political science, economics, epidemiology, public health, demography, data science or a related field
- Experience with longitudinal survey data
- Advanced knowledge of statistical software, preferably Stata (or SAS, R, SPSS)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Strong proficiency in English required, good knowledge of German desirable, knowledge of other languages welcome
- Team player mentality
- Self-organized & highly proactive working style
- Interest in own research on substantive or methodological topics
Further scientific qualification through a dissertation will be possible. Compensation will be in accordance with TVöD. A generous benefits package complements this attractive job in an international, team-oriented research endeavour. SHARE is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from women and men, including disabled people, from all cultural backgrounds and ethnic origins.
Please submit a complete application quoting reference number 06-19 (CV, cover letter, copies of degrees and certificates; one pdf document) by 31.03.2019 to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Max-Planck-Institut für Sozialrecht und Sozialpolitik
For further information, please visit our website at http://www.share-project.org or contact Stephanie Stuck (email@example.com).