Treffen Sie ALTRAN auf der T5 JobMesse
ELECTRICAL VEHICLE ARCHITECT (RAIL) (M/W/D)
As a leading global provider in engineering, research and development services, Altran has a completely new way for its customers to innovate. To do this, we develop the products and services of tomorrow. Altran works with its costumers at every link in the value chain of their projects, from planning to industrialization. For over 30 years, our employees have provided their knowledge to small and big companies in sectors like automotive, aerospace, defense, energy, finance, life science, railways and telecommunications. The Altran Group generated above-average growth in 2018 and will continue to do like this in the coming years. With over 45,000 employees, Altran is represented in more than 30 countries.
- Exciting international and national projects in our high-tech customer environment
- Opportunities for specialization as well as specialist further education and training courses
- A challenging area of responsibility with a high degree of personal responsibility
- Project technical lead with responsibility for the developing the whole train design, directing and guiding the project’s design team (direct and indirect reports) to ensure valid key technical design decisions are made in a structured and timely manner, that all technical risks are identified and mitigated
- Ensuring the technical design is fully integrated and the design verified through the design lifecycle against a complete and correct set of technical requirements, using best practice system engineering processes and tools (e.g. Trade Analyses, Interface management, Requirements Management)
- Acting as the principal technical interface to the project’s Stakeholders, Engineering Functional Heads and Divisional Leadership team
- Preparing and reporting technically on the project’s progress, issues and risks
- Leading the review of customer technical specifications and legislation in order to establish the train level requirements and the subsequent development of the principle design architectures and concepts to meet these requirements.
- Ensuring key decisions regarding architecture, concepts and system technologies solutions are made in a timely manner to ensure bid and project timescales can be achieved.
- Planning and estimating timescales and costs associated with delivery of the scope of work associated with the role
- Directly managing the scope of work during bids and projects.
- Analyse engineering process and capture requirements of existing work packages from bid to homologation activities and compile training documents
- Master Degree and/or Chartered status (preferred and essential), PhD degree desirable, with significant previous experience
- Technical domain experience essential, System Integration experience desirable, System Architectural understanding desirable
- Evidence of having successfully undertaken a significant technically role, leading small team(s) in the development of a new train design, or an area of train design, from concept developed through to delivery
- Experience or sound understanding of defining, structuring and developing a rolling stock concept and design.
- Experience and hands on delivery of the design, analysis, development, testing and delivery of engineering solutions that solve complex requirements.
- Ability to provide cost and schedule estimates on complicated engineering programs.
- technical expertise in vehicle level concept development
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to use this technical knowledge in the support of other departments (engineering, production, procurement, projects) and the development of less experienced engineering personnel.
- Experience of developing and applying a range of system engineering process and tools e.g. DOORS requirements management database
- Experience of working across many different disciplines, with indirect reports to delivery complaint cost effective technical solutions to schedule and budget.
- Working on rolling stock bids desirable
- Experience of converting the customer's explicit and implicit technical and functional requirements into technical/ functional specifications to be used by design teams