EMEA Category Specialist (m/f)
The Category Specialist – Engineering responsibilities include implementing the regional sourcing strategies and strategic initiatives defined in conjunction with Category Managers, identifying quick hits and building relationships with local organizations in coordination with the divisional liaison network. The position focuses 100% on managing AbbVie’s engineering and capital expenditure spend etc. The Category Specialist works within the Purchasing & Supplier Management (PSM), which provides sourcing direction to multiple functional areas within the company, and directly manages cross divisional sourcing teams in a virtual environment including affiliate purchasing organisations on the strategic sourcing initiatives. Actively supporting the Engineering/CapEx Category Manager, this position is responsible for implementing, optimizing and ensuring the delivery of approved sourcing strategies at the affiliates and divisional levels in concert with the Corporation’s overall strategies. The position’s objective is to coordinate the execution of multiple sourcing strategies to obtain the maximum value for the money spent throughout the Corporation measured through the delivery of cost savings.
- Working with the Engineering/CapEx Category Manager, Engineering, Operations, Capital Teams, Manufacturing Sites and Affiliates, to determine which major regional sourcing project should undergo implementation.
- Support Engineering/CapEx Category Manager on supplier data spend profiling for the preparation of regional projects (using negotiations and/or eSourcing tool).
- Full responsibility for running local tenders, aligned with direction from management, within EMEA region. Support multi-region logistics strategy development and execution.
- Responsible for ongoing management and cost effectiveness of current suppliers
- Full responsibility for ongoing management and cost effectiveness of Preferred Supplier Networks (using negotiations and/or eSourcing tool).
- Develop communication plan with the Engineering/CapEx Category Managers for respective projects and managing internal Abbott stakeholders and Steering Committee members
- Develop Voice of Customer, conduct stakeholders interviews and review existing contracts, to support local and regional sourcing activity,
- Ensure compliance of policies, procedures, and regulations
- Participate to the development of TCO economics. Agree preliminary savings tools with the Category Managers and Finance.
- Define implementation plan by setting up projects plans that meet the agreed strategic sourcing goals. Set priorities, adapt where necessary.
- Ensure adequate communication and resource allocation is in place prior to commencing implementation of projects.
- Drive the change management process, evaluating impacts from changes and building the required confidence with the affiliate’ stakeholders.
- Establish effective contract performance metrics (KPIs), SLAs and re-establish financial baseline, if required. Measure savings results following project implementation. Report monthly results to GPS Finance
- Ensure projects are implemented according to Abbott wide standards, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Balance flexibility with progress. Adapt change but focus on results. Review corrective action plans with Category Managers if projects are off-track.
- Set-up quarterly/annual business reviews with internal stakeholders and suppliers, aiming at tracking continuous improvement initiatives promoting quality standards and profitability, fostering the exchange of ideas and information
- Inform key stakeholders from PSM / Engineering / Manufacturing / Affiliates on the implementation progress. Highlight areas of concerns, barriers and potential delays with enough notification time to take corrective actions. Communicate success, risk and needs.
- Identify quick hits with the local affiliates and promote the deployment of best practices across the sites.
- Responsible for supplier management and Supplier Performance Program
- Develop, maintain and improve relationships and strategies with local and international purchasing within EMEA region.
- Graduate or equivalent qualification, with membership of Purchasing / Supply Chain / Project Professional body preferred
- 5 years combined minimum of experience required in any of the following areas: Project Management, Purchasing, Negotiating, Change Management, Financial Analysis, Production Planning, Systems Development or Administration, Contract administration, Quality/Regulatory, Engineering and Sales. Graduate or equivalent qualification, with membership of Purchasing / Supply Chain / Project Professional body preferred.
- Ability to build clear and structured plans
- Communicate a clear view of the implementation objectives
- Strong stakeholder’s management and project implementation
- Building an effective and committed team
- Effective measurement of progress and the impact compared to plan
- Flexibility to change and adapt plans where necessary
- Strong time management – achieving milestones
- Keeping the momentum and meeting savings goals
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within matrix organisation
- Ensuring strong and robust communications with all stakeholders (internal and external)
- Abiltiy to manage multi-cultural relationships
We are looking forward to your application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Learn more about AbbVie Deutschland at www.abbvie.de. Visit www.abbvie-care.de for more information about the therapeutic areas in which we’re active.