Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors - from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber - for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 14,600 employees from 70 nations.
Are you looking for an open-minded, globally active technology company - yet at the same time, you appreciate the trusted values of a German family-owned business? We offer you exciting work as part of a team of experts who treat each other as equals. The world over. At our Halle-based center - Wacker Biotech GmbH - focuses on the GMP-compliant biotechnological production of recombinant protein actives we are currently looking to recruit an
Engineer (f/m/d) Upstream Processing Development (USP)
initially limited for 24 months.
- Development of scalable fermentation processes for protein production in microbials and development of primary recovery processes (e. g. separation, filtration)
- Development of analytical methods for process steering (e. g. SDS-PAGE, HPLC)
- Design and execution of experiments
- Professional guidance of colleagues
- Evaluation and presentation of data during process development and process transfer (internal and to international customers)
- Responsibility of defined equipment
- Preparation and care of standard operating procedures
- Preparation of development reports in German and English
- Academic degree in bioprocess engineering, biotechnology, biology, biochemistry, or comparable qualification
- At least three years of experience or a strong interest in measuring, monitoring, and control of microbial bioprocesses
- Excellent expertise in microbiology, fermentation and primary recovery
- Expertise in technical transfer to GMP preferable
- Know-how and experience in protein purification, protein analytics, and process development beneficial
- Experience in analysis of proteins and process samples preferential in research, process development, or production of recombinant protein therapeutics preferable
- Competence in modelling of bioprocessing and control via algorithm and automation is a plus
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent computer literacy (MS office, MFCS win)
- Independent, structured, and careful way of working; a high degree of reliability, flexibility and a quick understanding
Sustainability is one of WACKER's corporate goals - also as an employer. We want you to remain productive, healthy and successful long term. Thatis why we offer, for example, comprehensive health management and a variety of advanced training programs and courses for individual development opportunities, alongside a good work-life balance. Naturally, we also have a fair compensation system and above-average social benefits. After all, social responsibility has a long tradition at WACKER.
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/karriere