- Particle, Plasma and Quantum Physics
Art der Stelle
Stellenangebot vom 02.09.2020
With around 1100 employees, the Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics (IPP) in Garching and Greifswald is the largest centre for fusion research in Europe. The scientists are studying the physical basis for a fusion power plant that, like the sun, derives energy from the fusion of light atomic nuclei. The research is carried out in seven experimental and theoretical projects aimed at developing nuclear fusion into an inexhaustible and safe source of energy for the future.
For the large experimental device ASDEX Upgrade in Garching, we develop solutions for ambitious physics diagnostic systems with many thousand sensor channels and dozens of video streams, based on industrial or in-house developed electronics connected to real-time Linux computers.
We look for an Engineer (m/f/d) with PhD in Electronics or Informatics with focus on the design of data acquisition systems.
- Responsible for the strategic concept development of our data acquisition environment compliant to scientific and economic aspects
- Decide on platforms to be applied, plan the construction and modification of diagnostic systems, and the migration of vintage systems
- A successfully finished doctorate in electronics or informatics (U/TU/TH) with emphasis on data acquisition and measurement electronics,
- or A M.Sc. in informatics or electronics and multiple years of professional experience in projects based on advanced data acquisition and measurement methods
- An interest to work in a scientific environment
- A willingness to cooperate with an international team
- The ability to present complex scientific and technical matters in English and German
- An interesting job working on one of the largest scientific projects
- Flexible working hours
- Training and further education opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Family service & childcare facilities on the company premises
- Other social benefits (e.g. capital-forming benefits, discounted public transport tickets)
The position is unlimited. The salary goes up to pay group 14 according to the collective agreement for the public service (TVöD Bund) and is dependent on the assignment of tasks and qualifications.
The IPP is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who are suitably qualified and meet our selection criteria.
Please send your application with the usual documents, quoting the reference number 20/050, by 4 October 2020 through our application portal.