Precisis is a well-funded startup, developing neuromodulation technologies focused on functional brain diseases, specifically epilepsy and neuropathic pain. Minimal invasiveness and precise targeting of stimulation therapy pose distinct advantages over currently available technologies in the market and are the foundation of Precisis projects. Our first product, the EASEE® System, is currently under clinical evaluation and will be launched in 2021.
The Precisis team of 15 consists of experienced and entrepreneurial-minded individuals with the common goal of bringing to the market next generation neuromodulation solutions.
We are offering the following position for a
Field Clinical Engineer (FCE) - (f/div/m)
- Home-based (1.0 FTE)
- Permanent position responsible for technical support in the field.
- Therapeutic areas of the clinical studies: Epilepsies, Pain, Tinnitus. Clinical sites are all over in Germany.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Attend and provide support for surgical implant procedures, follow-up programming activities
- Facilitate site start-up and certification process
- Assume responsibility for certification of the centers, physicians and other related staff including full certification for independent case support
- Educate and train physicians, hospital personnel and hospital staff on all aspects of technical matters related to products and procedures
- Develop and continuously improve training curriculum for internal and external staff, training materials and training tools, based on clinical experience, guidelines and SOP
- Validate software and hardware updates in the field as applicable
- Document problems related to device components with appropriate team members
- Partner with study team and sites for clinical support activities to drive site goals, changes in the market and assigned accounts, as well as competitive activity with cross-functional teams (e.g., sales)
- Confer regularly with investigators and staff on protocol, products, or patient issues
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Biomedical) or Life Sciences preferred, 3+ years' experience of previous related medical device and/or clinical experience required
- Training experience in clinical / technical environment preferred
- Moderate understanding of medical device regulatory requirements and documents, device accountability and adverse events reporting
- Fluency in English and German
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Willingness to travel
We are looking forward for your application
If you have any questions, please contact us at +49 6221 6559300.
Please send your collected application documents in pdf-form.