Head Project Engineering and Management (PEM) (m/f)
- Lead and manage a department of group leaders, program and project managers as well as project engineers.
- Overall responsibility for all yearly 100+ capital investment projects of AbbVie Germany including budgetary responsibility. Execution in quality and time especially when executing a serious of projects in the same area simultaneously.
- Overall responsibility for the total reporting system including timely preparation of project status reports for all R&D-capital investment projects of AbbVie Germany and communication to AbbVie headquarters
- Overall responsibility for development of appropriate solutions including variances for all project ideas including efficient development of cost estimates
- Continuous improvement and optimization of the structure of the PEM-department and all applicable processes
- Overall responsibility for target-oriented and efficiency utilization of internal and external project planers and planning resources
- Take responsibility and a lead for development of global AbbVie Engineering Standards and present results to senior management
- Active participation and taking responsibility within the global AbbVie Engineering Community of Practice Program
- Identification of appropriate and best in class external partners as well as development and introduction of processes to ensure a good cooperation with those
- Dipl.-Ing (FH/TU) Process Engineering or Pharmaceutical Technology
- 10+ years of personal experience in a leading engineering function with planning, sponsoring and execution of capital investment projects in the double digit million range in pharmaceutical area including plants and pilot plants for both, oral solid and parenteral dosage forms as well as introduction of new technologies including lyophilization technology
- Pronounced understanding of early phases of investment projects including development of long range plans, front end planning as well as risk analyses and risk mitigations
- Strong experience in collaboration, networking and direction of architectural and engineering companies
- Capability to introduce and use effectively different methods for project execution
- Pronounced experience with program management and with managing several different but connected projects
- Pronounced experience with development and scale up of complex R&D-pilot and manufacturing equipment as well as prototype equipment
- Pronounced leadership- and management capabilities while showing superior team behavior
- Outstanding communication capabilities, particular in English
We are looking forward to your application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.