- Solid State Research & Material Sciences
- Structural and Cell Biology
Art der Stelle
IT System Administrator (f/m/d) | Intelligent Systems Stuttgart
Stellenangebot vom 11.02.2021
The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems seeks to understand natural intelligence, such as that exhibited by animals and humans, and to use this understanding to create artificial systems that can successfully interact with complex environments. Researchers at the Stuttgart campus of our institute concentrate on physical systems that range from very small medical robots to larger devices that physically interact with people. Our institute’s Tübingen campus mainly focuses on computational subjects such as machine learning and computer vision. We take a highly interdisciplinary approach that combines mathematics, computer science, engineering, materials science, and biology.
For our campus in Stuttgart we are now looking for an IT System Administrator (f/m/d).
- Administration, optimization and expansion of our Linux and Windows server structure
- Support and further development of IT services in a heterogeneous environment with regard to functionality and security
- Monitoring and maintenance of tape backup systems, storage networks and all connected data pools
- Trained as an IT specialist, bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent qualification
- Deep Linux knowledge
- Experience in programming (e.g. Python, PowerShell, scripting languages)
- Sound experience in the design and administration of Windows servers
- Exposure to administration of virtual server systems
- Reliable knowledge of Active Directory and associated services (DNS, DHCP, Print Server, WSUS)
- Independent and reliable way of working, friendly attitude and high motivation to learn new skills
- Good written and spoken English
You are encouraged to apply if you meet most of the qualifications and are interested in learning about the other topics listed.
We offer highly interesting, challenging, and varied tasks in a highly active field of research. A dedicated team awaits you in an international environment with regular opportunities for further education and training. The salary is paid in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD Bund) and the collective agreement on the federal pay scale (TV EntgO-Bund), according to your qualifications. This position is initially for 2 years, with the possibility of becoming permanent.
The Max Planck Society strives for gender equality and diversity. We welcome applications from any background. The Max Planck Society also seeks to increase the number of women in leadership positions and strongly encourages qualified women to apply. Furthermore, we seek to employ more people with a disability and strongly encourage them to apply.
Your application must be submitted as one PDF and contain a cover letter in English or German, a curriculum vitae in English or German, relevant certificates, contact information for three professional references, and any additional documents that support your suitability for this position. Please submit your complete application through our application portal.
The position is available immediately and will be open until filled. Preference will be given to applications received by March 31, 2021.
Inquiries should be sent to Andreas Wild at email@example.com