Lab Automation Lead/ Compound Management (m/w)
This key role will be responsible for the local compound management lab with 2-4 direct reports. The main tasks for this role is to deliver compounds and Assay-Ready-Plates timely to the research laboratories and consulting business with laboratory automation knowledge in order to identify automation options and meeting the needs of the business through the use of laboratory automation solutions. This role acts as the subject matter expert for laboratory automation solutions and compound management best practices.
- Manages effective and efficient the compound management lab and is responsible for planning of budget, investments and maintenance.
- Provides local site expertise for robotics and hardware maintenance
- Provides local site expertise for compound management processes
- Provides local site expertise for global shipping and logistics of research material
- Contact to business and compound logistics managers at other Abbvie sites
- Works directly with Laboratory Business to understand specific business processes, drivers and strategy in order to determine best Laboratory-Automation solution(s) Scientists’ needs.
- Develops leads and reviews the creation and implementation of Laboratory Automation solution(s) that will enable the organization to achieve its business goals.
- Manage/coordinating internal and external resources assisting with the implementation, support, and maintenance of laboratory automation systems
- Allies with other IT functional areas to assure effective communication on behalf of customers.
- May code new or modified custom queries and build requirements and/or reports and/or interfaces per business specifications.
- Bachelor of Science or successful completed profession in science or its equivalent in education and work experience. (total combined experience >10 years)
- > 3 years of experience in implementation, running and troubleshooting of automated systems in biotech, pharmaceutical, or life sciences industry
- Engineering background by training
- Basic knowledge in chemistry and biology
- Strong analytic thinking and problem solving skills, proven track record for tackling complex issues and problems, and ability to manage them to successful conclusions
- Familiarity with GxP systems and CFR part 11 compliance
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment, where results are achieved through incorporation of multiple points of view
- Programming knowledge and experience in at least one programing language
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Fluent German and English, written and spoken
We are looking forward to your application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Learn more about AbbVie Deutschland at www.abbvie.de. Visit www.abbvie-care.de for more information about the therapeutic areas in which we’re active.