- Developmental and Evolutionary Biology & Genetics
- Structural and Cell Biology
Art der Stelle
Lab-Manager (m/f/d) | RNA-Binding Proteins in Metabolism and Ageing Group
Stellenangebot vom 14.09.2022
The Department for „RNA-Binding Proteins in Metabolism and Ageing“ headed by Dr. Ina Huppertz is looking for full time Lab-Manager (m/f/d) (job code 23-2022).
The Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing was founded in 2008 with the mission to unravel fundamental mechanisms of healthy ageing. It is part of a broad network of institutions in the Cologne-Bonn area dedicated to research on ageing and age-related disease, constituting a vibrant and collaborative environment. Equipped with state-of-the-art core facilities, the institute provides outstanding opportunities for its scientists. At the moment, we host 350 employees - including guest scientists - from 30 different nations.
Our research group (Huppertz Research Group) investigates RNA-binding proteins in metabolism and ageing using cellular models. We use a multidisciplinary approach applying imaging, biochemical and mass spectrometric methods in cultured cells.
We seek a highly motivated person with a strong scientific background to work closely with the group leader and become one of the first enthusiastic team members of our collaborative research group.
Your tasks include
- General organizational and management duties in the laboratory.
- Personnel and financial planning as well as budget monitoring.
- General administrative tasks.
- Independent scientific collaborations in experimental research projects to elucidate the role of RNA-binding proteins in the aging process using biochemical, molecular and imaging approaches.
Your qualifications should include
- A completed University degree in a relevant scientific discipline or a professional qualification, as a technical assistant or laboratory technician, with relevant work experience.
- Cell culture experience, especially for the culture of stem cells.
- Knowledge of molecular and cell biology methods and willingness to participate in ongoing scientific projects
- Very good knowledge of MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- A high degree of organizational talent, sense of responsibility, motivation and ability to work in a team.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English is required. German language skills are very helpful to work at the interface between science and administration.
The employment contract will be based on contracts for the civil service (TVöD-Bund, Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst) and will be time limited. The Max Planck Society endeavours to achieve gender equality and diversity, and therefore seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and explicitly encourages women to apply. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of employees with severe disabilities in its workforce. Applications from persons with severe disabilities are expressly desired.
Are you interested?
Then please upload your complete application documents, containing a one-page cover letter with a personal statement describing your interest in our laboratory, your CV, certificates and transcripts of the degrees you already obtained, and contact information for 2 references, in electronic form as one single PDF document via our application platform by 16 October, 2022.