For our location in Ludwigshafen, Germany we are looking for a
Lab Scientist (m/f/d) Mass Spectrometry based Antibody Characterization
- Your tasks will be the characterization of monoclonal antibodies, Antibody-Drug-Conjugates and fusion proteins
- You will coordinate the protein characterization approaches within the NBE department and perform sample preparation, data analysis, scientific evaluation and reporting for scientific and routine LC/MS workflows to elucidate degradation
- You independently develop and optimize methods to increase data quality and throughput.
- Provision of scientific expertise and engagement in cross-functional teams within AbbVie
Your AbbVie talent:
- You hold a master's degree or equivalent in chemistry, biology, pharmacology or related field and have at least 4 years of experience in comprehensive characterization of proteins in industry or academia.
- Due to your previous work experience you have a strong understanding of the biological relevance of protein modifications and you are an expert in protein characterization by mass spectrometry (e.g. peptide Mapping, intact mass analysis)
- You are a technical expert in LC and MS instrumentation.
- You are skilled to analyze and present data in broader context and eager to defend data during scientific debate.
- Additional protein analytical experience (e.g. SEC, IEX, HIC, CE) is beneficial.
- As a highly motivated, self-driven and results-oriented person with excellent communication and presentation skills you are driven by innovative ways of thinking to improve processes, methods, systems, products or services.
- As a global acting company we presume excellent communication skills, including written and oral English and German.
We offer you:
- A challenging job with high personal responsibility in a committed and competent team. We are happy to accompany your on-boarding process and support you during your first steps in your new role.
- We create the ideal environment for focused and passionate work, providing our employees with the utmost flexibility to tailor their daily work to their individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs.
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany as well as a wide range of career paths and opportunities for further development.
Contact: Alexander Krüger (email@example.com)
We are looking forward to your online application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.