- Developmental and Evolutionary Biology & Genetics
- Immunobiology and Infection Biology & Medicine
- Structural and Cell Biology
Art der Stelle
Laboratory technician (m/f/d)
Stellenangebot vom 09.12.2020
caesar is a neuroethology institute located in Bonn that studies how the collective activity of the vast numbers of interconnected neurons in the brain gives rise to the plethora of animal behaviors. Our research spans a large range of scales from the nano-scale imaging of brain circuitry, to large-scale functional imaging of brain circuitry during behavior, to the quantification of natural animal behaviors.
The newly installed Max Planck Research Group “Self Recognition and Cannibalism”, headed by Dr. James W. Lightfoot, is currently looking for a laboratory technician (m/f/d) (full time at 38,5 hours/week) to join on February 1st 2021. The position will initially be for 2 years with the possibility for extension.
- We are using the roundworms P. pacificus and C. elegans to understand how the nervous systems coordinates ecologically relevant behaviors by focusing on self-recognition and cannibalism.
- The research technician will utilize a variety of molecular biology techniques, generate mutant and transgenic lines, as well as help carry out behavioral assays.
- The Research technician will be responsible for lab tasks including media preparation, ordering and maintaining laboratory stocks as well as worm strain upkeep and storage (10-15 h/week).
- The Research technician will have the opportunity to lead or collaborate in an original research project in the lab.
- Successfully completed education as technical assistant, laboratory technician (Laborant) or bachelor studies in a relevant discipline, e.g. neuroscience, genetics, molecular biology or a related subject.
- Interest in behavior and genetics.
- Prior experience with genetics, molecular biology, cloning or light microscopy is preferred.
- Very good English and German language skills.
- Highly motivated, responsible and independent worker.
- Precision and attention to detail and the ability to organize and prioritize your tasks and to work as part of a team.
- An international and collaborative environment in a stimulating scientific institute and a new laboratory with state-of-the art equipment
- A salary commensurate with the work
- Outstanding employee benefits, a family-friendly culture at the institute, flexible working hours and opportunities for further training
caesar is committed to diversity and inclusion and is aiming to increase the percentage of women in areas where they are under-represented. We therefore explicitly encourage women to apply. Handicapped persons with comparable qualifications receive preferential status. In addition, the Research Center strives for gender equality and diversity. We welcome applications from any background.
Please submit your application online via our website.
If you have any further questions, please contact:Dr. James W. Lightfoot, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org