- Structural and Cell Biology
- Complex Systems
Art der Stelle
Master Thesis (m/f/d) | Glycobiotechnology - Establishment of an enzyme cascade for the reconstruction of N-glycans
Stellenangebot vom 11.11.2021
The Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems in Magdeburg offers a position for a master thesis (m/f/d) with the topic "Establishment of an enzyme cascade for the reconstruction of N-glycans".
In vitro glycoengineering offers the possibility to modify the glycosylation of glycoproteins and, thus, produce specific glycan structures. The Synthetic Glycobiotechnology research group of the Dept. of Bioprocess Engineering develops enzyme cascades for the in vitro glycomodification of proteins. Within this project there is an open position for a master thesis project. With work packages in the areas of biocatalysis and downstream processing, as well as in the areas of expression of recombinant enzymes and reaction analytics, the Master's project offers the opportunity to work on and learn about a wide range of relevant methods. We are looking for a motivated student (m/f/d) with basic knowledge in the field of biotechnology as well as with interest in the development of biocatalytic processes.
The working packages in detail are:
- Recombinant production of proteins in microbial systems
- Downstream Processing of the reaction product using filtration and chromatographie methods
- Glycoanalysis using HILIC and capillary electrophoresis
- Immobilisation of enzymes if necessary
The candidates will have the opportunity to work on key technologies and use state-of-the-art equipment in an international group of young and aspiring researchers. In-depth supervision and training will be provided by MPI staff.
- Background in Biotechnology, Technical Biology, Bioprocess Engineering,
- Good experience of lab works and ideally, experience with one of the following techniques: protein expression, biocatalysis, chromatography
- Motivation, curiosity and teamwork skills
- An exciting research projectand the opportunity to develop key technologies
- First-class supervision and thorough training by our staff
- Gaining valuable theoretical and practical skills in the fields of biocatalysis, downstream processing, enzyme expression and reaction analytics
- Training on state-of-the-art equipment for biotechnological research and development
- Acquisition of expertise in a key technology of the future
Start: January / February 2022
Please send your application in German or English and include your CV and transcript of records to the following contact:
Johannes Ruhnau, M.Sc.
Phone: +49 (0) 391 6110 371
The Max-Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Please note the information regarding storage of personal data.