- Solid State Research & Material Sciences
- Particle, Plasma and Quantum Physics
Art der Stelle
Mechatronics Technician (m/f/d)
Stellenangebot vom 19.05.2020
The Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics, Halle, Germany, Department NISE, Director Prof. Stuart S.P. Parkin, is currently recruiting a Mechatronics Technician (m/f/d). The institute operates various commercial and custom-designed thin film deposition and analytical systems. The successful candidate will participate in the assembly of various systems, to the troubleshooting of their design during the concept phase, and to the installation and routine maintenance of these and commercial equipment.
The MPI-MSP is a world-leading institute that explores novel materials and devices, and systems of devices, to allow for innovative technologies, particularly those that could enable highly energy-efficient, computing and memory-storage technologies. These include bio-inspired materials and thinking systems, and materials and devices that can support quantum technologies. The Institute has been entirely rebuilt with modernized offices, meeting rooms, and laboratories, a state-of-the art clean-room, and an RBS facility, that are designed to encourage interactions and interdisciplinary research. A model shop and an electronic workshop support the development of advanced and unique thin film deposition tools and analytical systems.
- Responsible for the maintenance of cryo-systems, UHV deposition systems and for the meticulous record of their service histories
- Installation of scientific equipment and their connection to the technical infrastructure (e.g. cooling water, gas, compressed air) and coordination with companies
- Support of users in the daily operation of the equipment
- Planning and mounting of various assemblies based on CAD drawings. Pro-active feedback and contribution to improvements in their design
- Completed vocational training as a mechatronics technician or Physics laboratory assistant and job experience of at least 2-3 years
- Demonstrated proficiency in trouble-shooting and repair of mechanical systems
- Experience in handling pumps and compressors
- Knowledge of standard machine tools used to manufacture precision mechanical parts
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English is an asset
- A stimulating international working environment with great cultural diversity
- A world-leading institute with a state-of the art motor-shop, modernized offices, meeting rooms, and laboratories
- Professional development training
- Remuneration and social benefits depending on education and prior experience according to TVöD
- Fixed term contract, initially for 2 years with the perspective of extension
- In English or German can be uploaded as a single pdf file at our application website with reference to MPI-Halle-Div-Mecha until June 30, 2020. Please supply the name and email of at least one reference.
- The Max-Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
- Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
- For more information please visit www.mpi-halle.mpg.de