Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.For more information please visit www.Gilead.com
Medical Project Manager (m/f)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Medical Project Manager to join the Medical Affairs Team in Germany. The Medical Manager will report to the Medical Affairs TA Lead and will be responsible for the tactical delivery and project management of Oncology plans in Germany.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Establishes strong working relationships with key opinion leaders locally and internationally, including academic societies Responds to clinical and scientific inquiries regarding marketed or developmental Gilead products and also answers and coordinates complex responses to clinical inquiries or disclosures to customers
- Represents Gilead at medical meetings, conferences, advisory boards, outreach meetings at key institutions, and in interactions with key opinion leaders.
- Presents scientific and clinical data for these products utilizing scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of different settings
- Plans and conducts Advisory Boards as needed to obtain advice based on our Plan of Action (POA)
- Manages complex scientific projects based on our strategy and POAs a key company representative to groups of experts, medical professional groups, societies, regulatory groups and represents the company at national and international scientific meetings.
- Supports the development of complex clinical data through clinical trials and investigative study protocols.
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Global Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Marketing, Market Access, HEOR, Regulatory Affairs, Global Safety and Medical Communication as well as local Distributors
- Assists with Gilead-appointed distributor sales force training at national and regional levels
- Is responsible for maintaining complex medical documents and files.
- Is responsible for supporting and coordinating Investigator Sponsored Trials in the EMEA region - including collaboration with investigators and internal Gilead personnel and assisting with site selection for clinical trials
- Provides support to community and patient organization activities as needed.
- National/International travel as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Should have a Medical Degree or Higher Post-Graduate Degree in Life Sciences (or international equivalent), be a registered pharmacist and/or have experience in medical affairs project management
- Clinical experience and/or experience within a commercial pharmaceutical environment.
- Clinical or pharmaceutical experience in Oncology is desirable.
- In-depth understanding of Medical Affairs role and process.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal, relationship building and negotiation communication skills are required, along with the ability to provide clear and concise complex analysis of quantitative and qualitative concepts.
- Must be able to work with a high degree of autonomy and independence.
- Must be able to analyze complex data and put together effective concise reports while meeting all deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to senior management, marketing and sales.
- Must be team oriented and work in several teams that may overlap such as global medical team, regional sales team, and national accounts.
- A proven ability to utilize complex scientific resources for presentations in a variety of different settings is required.
- Must be fully cognizant of all relevant complex scientific data and regulatory requirements for field-based personnel.
- Knowledge and experience in delivering high-level presentations to KOLs is required.
- The ideal candidate will align with Gilead's core values by being accountable for their work, displaying integrity in everything they do, thriving in a team environment, and seeing excellence as the only measure of success.
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What's Right),
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity),
- Teamwork (Working Together),
- Excellence (Being Your Best),
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility).
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
Gilead is an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com/careers.