- Solid State Research & Material Sciences
- Structural and Cell Biology
Art der Stelle
Medical technical assistant (MTA) (m/f/d) or Biological technical assistant (BTA) (m/f/d) or Engineer or Medical physicist or Biologist (m/f/d)
Stellenangebot vom 12.10.2020
The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems (MPI-IS) conducts research to understand the principles of perception, action, and learning in natural and artificial systems that successfully interact with complex environments and to use this understanding to design future systems. The institute studies these principles in biological, computational, hybrid, and material systems. We take a highly interdisciplinary approach that combines engineering, computation, material science, and biology.
At our Stuttgart site, the Physical Intelligence Department (http://pi.is.mpg.de) focuses parts of its research on the principles of design, locomotion, control, perception, and learning of single and large numbers of small-scale mobile robots made of smart and soft materials as our physical intelligence platforms.
The Physical Intelligence Department is searching for a full-time Medical technical assistant (MTA) (m/f/d) or Biological technical assistant (BTA) (m/f/d) or Engineer or Medical physicist or Biologist (m/f/d).
- General laboratory work with primary and secondary cell and bacterial cultures (cultivation, mycoplasma test, staining, etc.)
- Performing and maintaining biological and medical imaging equipment
- Performing biocompatibility tests of our new biomedical device materials
- Training the researchers
- Assisting to the research projects
- Organizing and monitoring the usage of all biological and medical imaging-related facility
- Maintaining the biological safety level standards (currently biosafety level S1 and later S2)
- Organizing the laboratories, making orders, and preparing standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Regular care and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Completed education as medical technical assistant (MTA) or biological technical assistant (BTA) or B.Sc., M.Sc. or similar qualifications in biology, engineering, medical physics or similar
- Practical experience and theoretical knowledge about the handling and care of primary and secondary cell and bacterial cultures
- Practical experience in guiding and performing ELISA techniques
- Experience with various optical microscopy procedures preferable
- Experience with histological staining techniques favorable
- Experience with medical imaging techniques preferable
- Ideally, practical experience in flow cytometry
- Willingness to potentially work on weekends
- High level sense of responsibility and motivation
- Experience with small-animal (mouse and rat) in vivo experiments favorable
- Ability to work well in a team and high-level communication skills collaborating with colleagues and scientists in an international team (very good English skills required)
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative person who wants to join a dynamic international working environment. You are encouraged to apply if you meet most of the qualifications and are interested in learning about the other listed topics. The Max Planck Society guarantees equal opportunity to all qualified applicants.
We offer highly interesting, challenging, and varied tasks in a highly active field of research. A dedicated team awaits you in an international environment with regular opportunities for further education and training. The salary is paid in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD Bund), according to previous experience and qualifications. This position is initially limited to one year with the possibility of extension and a potential permanent position after two years.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. The Max Planck Society endeavours to achieve gender equality and diversity. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Your application must be submitted as one PDF and contain a cover letter in English or German, a curriculum vitae in English or German, relevant certificates, contact information for three professional references, and any additional documents that support your suitability for this position. The position is available immediately and will be open until filled. Preference will be given to applications received by November 2, 2020.
For more information, please contact Patricia Martinez at email@example.com.
Please apply via our application portal.