- Particle, Plasma and Quantum Physics
Art der Stelle
Postdoctoral Physicist, Mathematician or Computer Scientist (m/f/d)
Stellenangebot vom 20.09.2022The Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics as an institute of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science (registered association) is the largest centre for fusion research in Europe with about 1100 employees in Garching near Munich and Greifswald. The scientists are investigating the physical principles for a fusion power plant which - like the sun - generates energy from the fusion of light atomic nuclei. The research is carried out in seven experimental and theoretical projects aimed at developing nuclear fusion into an inexhaustible and safe source of energy for the future.
The Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics in Garching offers within the division ,Numerical Methods of Plasma Physics' (NMPP) a position for a postdoctoral physicist, mathematician or computer scientist (m/f/d).
The work will be performed within the EUROfusion-project E-TASC (Theory and Advanced Simulation Coordination).
- Development and optimization of numerical and data-intensive computer applications on high-performance computers
- Development and implementation of numerical algorithms as e.g. efficient multigrid solvers
- User support for the efficient usage of high-performance computers
- Publication and communication of scientific results
- PhD in physics, mathematics or computational sciences
- Several years of experience in the development and implementation of numerical algorithms on massive-parallel high-performance computers
- Profound experience in the design of large scientific codes and programming techniques
- Full proficiency in high level programming languages like e.g. Fortran 90/95 and C++
- A logical approach to problem solving, good time management, and task prioritization skills
- Good command of the English language, written and spoken
- An interesting job working on one of the largest scientific projects
- Flexible working hours
- Training and further education opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Family service & childcare facilities on the company premises
- Other social benefits (e.g. capital-forming benefits, discounted public transport tickets)
The IPP seeks to increase the proportion of employed women in those areas where they are underrepresented and explicitly encourages women to apply for this position. The IPP is committed to employing more disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
For information on data protection and the handling of your personal data please visit our website.