Job Advertisement Leibniz-HKI-18/2022
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology - Hans Knöll Institute (Leibniz-HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de) investigates the pathobiology of human-pathogenic fungi and identifies targets for the development of novel natural product-based antibiotics. Talented and highly qualified candidates are invited to apply for a position in the department Molecular and Applied Microbiology as a
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/div/m) in Infection Biology
for 30 months initially.
Respiratory infections, COVID-19, virus diagnostics and therapy, human lung ex vivo infection model
This project is part of a Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF) funded research project SARSCoV2Dx that is bringing together various expertise at our Institute, the Friedrich Schiller University Jena, the University Hospital Jena and the Leibniz Institute of Photonic Technology (IPHT) to develop novel diagnostic and therapeutic concepts against SARS-CoV-2 and other respiratory infections.
The field of study:
The successful candidate will work on the establishment of a human lung ex vivo infection model.
The main topics of the project include:
- Establishment of a human lung ex vivo infection model for diagnosis and therapy of respiratory infections
- Visualization of infection processes by immunohistochemistry and fluorescence microscopy including CLSM
- Functional studies based on siRNA gene silencing, RT-qPCR and ELISA
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, virology, infection biology, or related discipline. Candidates about to obtain their degree are welcome to apply
- Experimental background in fluorescence microscopy (incl. CLSM), cell cultivation and cell-based assays
- General knowledge about virology and infection biology. Experience in tissue infection models would be preferable
- The candidate should be willing and able to work in an international, interdisciplinary research team
The successful candidate will be hosted in the research group Molecular and Applied Microbiology of Prof. Dr. Axel A. Brakhage. The Leibniz-HKI is embedded in the outstanding scientific environment of the Beutenberg Campus providing state-of-the-art research facilities and a highly integrative network of life science groups. We offer a multifaceted, interdisciplinary scientific project with excellent technical facilities and strong scientific collaborations. The postdoc candidate is granted the possibility to get extra skills training at the Graduate Academy of the Friedrich Schiller University in Jena.
Salary is paid according to German TV-L (salary agreement for public service employees). As an equal opportunity employer, the Leibniz-HKI is committed to increasing the percentage of female scientists and therefore especially encourages them to apply.
Prof. Axel A. Brakhage | +49 3641 532 1001 | email@example.com
Complete applications in English or German should include a cover letter, a CV containing a complete list of publications, a brief statement of research experiences, the addresses of two possible referees, relevant credentials and should be submitted via the Leibniz-HKI online application system. The deadline for the advertisement is May 15, 2022.