Job Advertisement Leibniz-HKI-23/2022
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology - Hans Knöll Institute (Leibniz-HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de) investigates the pathobiology of human-pathogenic fungi and identifies targets for the development of novel natural product-based antibiotics. Talented and highly qualified candidates are invited to apply for a position in the junior research group Biosynthetic Design of Natural Products as a
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/div/m) in Nanobiotechnology
for 12 months initially.
Protein-nucleic acid interactions, enzyme cascades, synthetic biology, nonribosomal peptide synthesis A position funded by a Boehringer Ingelheim Exploration Grant is available. In this project, we aim to establish innovative protein tags for building enzyme cascades on DNA scaffolds. The novel method will find application in the biosynthetic engineering of natural products and the sustainable, biocatalytic synthesis of antibiotics and other active compounds. The candidate must be available to take up the position by October 1st, 2022. Continuation of the project after the 12-months funding period is desired.
The field of study:
- Design, molecular cloning, and expression of fusion proteins
- Study of protein-DNA interactions mediated by Cas9
- In vitro transcription and translation
- In vitro peptide synthesis with nonribosomal peptide synthetases monitored by LC-MS/MS
- PhD in chemical biology, biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related discipline. Candidates about to obtain their degree are welcome to apply
- Experimental background in the handling of RNA and engineering of proteins. The candidate will establish methods for RNA-handling in the host lab
- Experience with the protein Cas9 and general knowledge in structural biology (Pymol), biomolecular interaction (ITC, fluorescence anisotropy, EMSA), and computational data analysis (R, Python etc.)is an advantage
- The candidate should be willing and able to work on an exploratory project in an international, interdisciplinary research team
The successful candidate will be hosted in the junior research group Biosynthetic Design of Natural Products of Dr. Hajo Kries. The Leibniz-HKI is embedded in the outstanding scientific environment of the Beutenberg Campus providing state-of-the-art research facilities and a highly integrative network of life science groups. We offer a multifaceted, interdisciplinary scientific project with excellent technical facilities and strong scientific collaborations. The postdoc candidate is granted the possibility to get extra skills training at the Graduate Academy of the Friedrich Schiller University in Jena.
Salary is paid according to German TV-L (salary agreement for public service employees). As an equal opportunity employer, the Leibniz-HKI is committed to increasing the percentage of female scientists and therefore especially encourages them to apply.
Dr. Hajo Kries | +49 3641 532 1735 | email@example.com
Complete applications in English should include a cover letter, a CV containing a complete list of publications, a brief statement of research experiences, a certificate of study/transcript of records, the addresses of two possible referees, and should be submitted via the Leibniz-HKI online application system. The deadline for the advertisement is June 17, 2022, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.