- Particle, Plasma and Quantum Physics
Art der Stelle
Postdoctoral Researcher in Experimental Physics (m/f/d)
Stellenangebot vom 07.07.2021The Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics as an institute of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science (registered association) is the largest centre for fusion research in Europe with about 1100 employees in Garching near Munich and Greifswald. The scientists are investigating the physical principles for a fusion power plant which - like the sun - generates energy from the fusion of light atomic nuclei. The research is carried out in seven experimental and theoretical projects aimed at developing nuclear fusion into an inexhaustible and safe source of energy for the future.
The Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics in Garching offers an opportunity to participate in a postdoctorate programme within the division Plasma Edge and Wall (E2M) to perform research activities at the ASDEX Upgrade fusion experiment. We are looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher in Experimental Physics (m/f/d).
- operation of the Thomson scattering diagnostics on ASDEX Upgrade
- analysis of density and temperature profiles in the divertor at different plasma parameters and identification of different divertor regimes
Your profile/Our requirements
- PhD in physics, completed not longer than 2 years ago
- very good knowledge of plasma and fusion physics with emphasis on plasma edge physics
- experience in data analysis
- experience in divertor physics would be an advantage
- good English skills
- an interest to work in a scientific environment
- a willingness to cooperate with an international team
- the ability to present complex scientific and technical matters
- an interesting job at one of the largest research institute for fusion research
- flexible working hours
- training and further education opportunities
- company pension scheme
- family service & childcare facilities on the company premise
- further social benefits (e.g. capital-forming benefits, discounted public transport tickets)
For information on data protection and the handling of your personal data please visit our website.