- Microbiology & Ecology
- Earth Sciences and Climate Research
Art der Stelle
Procurement clerk / team assistant WIS (m/f/d)
Stellenangebot vom 22.11.2021
The Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry (MPI-BGC) in Jena is dedicated to interdisciplinary basic research in the field of Earth system sciences with a focus on climate and ecosystems. The internationally renowned institute, which currently employs around 230 people, will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2022. Jena is known for high-tech industry, internationally renowned research institutions and a modern university. But it also has a beautiful natural setting in the green Saale valley with steep limestone slopes. The city of Jena has an active student scene and a diverse cultural life.
We are looking for the following person for the area of purchasing in the service group administration as well as for the areas of scientific and administrative-technical service. Procurement clerk/Team assistant WIS (m/f/d) in full-time, part-time possible, initially limited for two years.
Background and position description
The administration service group comprises the areas of personnel, accounting, purchasing, incoming and outgoing goods, third-party funds, travel expenses and reception with currently 12 employees and one trainee. The job holder will work in a team of 3 clerks and will in particular process small orders and e-invoices. The post holder will work closely with scientists, some of whom are international, whose needs he/she will be able to grasp quickly thanks to his/her knowledge of German and English and, if necessary, other languages, and to implement them in accordance with legal requirements and guidelines.
The areas of scientific and administrative-technical service comprise the scientific and technical service facilities of the institute. The jobholder performs general office and secretarial tasks for these. He/she regularly participates in information and training courses offered by the Max Planck Society in order to adapt the Institute's administrative processes to changing requirements.
as procurement clerk:
- Processing of order transactions from framework agreements as well as free text orders by arrangement; processing of e-invoices and service disruptions
- Support of the project controlling of the MPG project ATTO: Preparation and control of the accounts of the project partner as well as foreign language document checks
as team assistant:
- General office and secretarial duties: Management of electronic or postal correspondence; appointment organisation and coordination; reception and services for employees, visitors and guests; organisation, preparation and attendance of meetings and events, preparatory work for accounting and payroll (holiday slips, sick slips), filing and file management, database maintenance;
- Support in the implementation of press and public relations measures
- Experience in communication and negotiation with external contractors and suppliers
- Experience in the procurement of supplies and services for public clients is desirable
- Experience in the use of merchandise management systems, in particular SAP, is desirable
- MS Office skills
- very good knowledge of the German and English languages, both written and spoken
- distinct ability to work in a team and intercultural competence as well as service orientation
- Initiative and sense of responsibility
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, with very good time and priority management skills
- a goal-oriented, binding, structured way of working
- Organizational, negotiation and mediation skills
- Interest in working with scientists in a research institution
- Work in the attractive international environment of an interdisciplinary research institute of the Max Planck Society as well as in a friendly and team-oriented working environment
- Regular participation in modern, professionally oriented further and advanced training courses
- Childcare through partnership with a nearby childcare facility.
- Use of company prevention offers in the health sector
- Use of our job ticket, the Dual Career Network and other campus offers
The employment is initially limited for 2 years. The grouping takes place with fulfilment of the tariff conditions in the remuneration group 8 in accordance with TVöD federation; in addition we grant a pension scheme in the style of the public service (VBL).
The Max Planck Society strives for gender equality and diversity. It aims to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are underrepresented. Women are therefore explicitly encouraged to apply. We welcome applications from all fields. The Max Planck Society has set itself the goal of employing more severely disabled people. Applications from severely disabled persons are expressly encouraged.
Dr. Matthias Braun (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Have we aroused your interest? Then please send us your application with cover letter, curriculum vitae summarized in a PDF file (max. 10 MB) by December 19, 2021, quoting the reference number 31/2021 by e-mail to email@example.com or to the
Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry
Personalbüro: Kennwort ”Sachbearbeiter Einkauf/ Teamassistent WIS”
We kindly ask you not to use application folders, but to submit copies only, as your documents will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations after the application process has been completed. We look forward to receiving your application!