Art der Stelle
Product and Quality Assurance Engineer (f/m/d)
Stellenangebot vom 06.05.2019
The Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS) is one of the 84 independent research institutes of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science (MPG). As an innovative research institution with numerous collaborations abroad we carry out fundamental research in the field of astronomy. At MPS we are building a state of the art radio telescope, the Sub-millimeter Wave Instrument (SWI). SWI will be one out of ten scientific instruments to be flown as part of the ESA JUICE mission to explore Jupiter and its moons, JUICE is set to be launched in 2022.
We are currently looking for a Product and Quality Assurance Engineer (f/m/d).
As a member of the SWI team, you will work in close collaboration with the already established engineering teams (electronics, mechanical, software and AIV). You will report directly to the SWI Project Manager
As the SWI PA/QA engineer, you should ensure the construction of the instrument according PA/QA standards required for the JUICE mission.
SWI is a dual receiver system observing around 600 GHZ and 1.2 THz, and then it is expected for you to bring relevant experience to the team from the front-end to the back-end, either in the design and implementation phase as well as the integration and verification one.
- Planning , implementation and monitoring of project-related QA / PA tasks;
- Improve and follow up project specific QA / PA plans;
- Follow up on the product safety requirements compliance for subcontractors and internal activities;
- The support and preparation of QA / PA-relevant technical documentation and activities:
- Reports (eg NCRs, inspection reports);
- Analysis (Reliability, Safety , FMEA, FDIR, EEE- components Radiation effects ...) with support of experts in the field;
- Materials, Parts and Process Lists;
- Plans (eg qualification: instrument, modules, components, parts and processes, software QA / PA plan)
- Perform Key Inspection Points;
- The execution of production controls, audits, inspections, test support and delivery reports;
- The analysis of quality problems, development and implementation of solutions with appropriate documentation;
- The measurement and evaluation of process weaknesses and the definition and implementation of improvements;
- The preparation and execution of quality audits at MPS and/or Subcontractors;
- Organize Material and Process Control Board and Parts Control Board meetings;
- The coordination of acceptance and delivery process.
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Degree in Engineering with relevant working experience in a Product/Quality Assurance environment; Electronics Engineering degree is a plus
- Good understanding of Space Product and Quality Assurance principles and methods;
- Knowledge of Standards used in Space industry (ECSS, ESCC, MIL);
- Experience in reliability and dependability analysis would be an asset;
- Hands-on and hardware manufacturing/implementation experience would be an asset;
- Experience in EEE components would be an asset;
- Pro-active approach to problem solving, pragmatism, flexibility;
- Team player, good organization and communication skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; good knowledge of German would be a definite advantage.
You have a proactive personality combined with an inextinguishable intellectual curiosity, reached a very high level in your core competencies, and have experience in high pace scientific environment work.
Start date is as soon as possible
A two years contract. Salary and social benefits will be in accordance with the regulations of the German TVöD Bund (salary agreement for public service employees), qualification and professional experience, up to TVöD EG 13. We are trying to balance gender within the division, hence encourage women to apply.
The Max Planck Society is an equal opportunity employer. We strive for gender/diversity equality and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and pdf format) to personalabteilung at mps.mpg.de before 24.05.2019.
For further questions, contact Juan Pablo Garcia at garciajp at www.mps.mpg.de