For our division Thieme Chemistry we are currently seeking a
Project Manager (f/m/d) Chemistry full-time
- Project management - Planning, monitoring, and tracking progress against time, cost, and quality targets Documentation - producing regular reports on activity progress (Gantt, dashboards, project documents)
- Cross-functional - First interface for all work teams involved in the project (editorial/product, production, marketing, sales, production).
- Information - Compiling project proposals for new business on request and measuring the requirements for assigned projects as well as ensuring a complete briefing
- Support - Helping to build highly productive and collaborative project teams
- Solution provider - Taking responsibility for problem solving; engaging and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues and problems
- Coordination - Assisting with team-wide projects and taking personal responsibility for the delivery of selected projects
- Quality Management - Supporting the establishment of professional project management standards within Thieme Chemistry.
- Process management - Informing the Thieme Chemistry team about new project management methods and process improvements (e.g., in relation to digital products and services) through internal and external networks
- Market analysis - Intensive collaboration with the product and marketing teams
- Experience in designing and developing effective and improved processes and methods to regularly receive information on new trends, technologies, and developments.
- A proactive team player who thinks in a structured way and has excellent prioritization skills
- Knowledge of digital project management and agile methodology
- Project management qualifications, e.g. PMP certification or a similar qualification
- Experience with the chemical or life sciences (desirable)
- Experience in STM publishing (desirable)
- Strong communication skills in a professional and courteous way, empathy, and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys collaboration and doing team work
- Ability to work independently and under pressure and meet deadlines
- Initiative and open to change and new challenges
- Excellent English. Good German language skills (desirable)
- Linguistic and editorial skills
- Computer skills (including familiarity with MS Project)
Our Job Offer:
This is a multi-faceted, challenging, and rewarding opportunity which allows a high degree of independence. We appreciate innovative ideas and a proactive work style and strive for quick decision-making processes. Our internal training academy "Thieme Academy" supports you with individual training to master future job requirements and to adapt to new developments. You will work in a highly regarded, family-led company with excellent employee benefits. We value open communication lines, appreciate the strengths of each individual, and encourage collaborative interaction.
Thieme is a leading supplier of information and services contributing to the improvement of healthcare and health. Employing more than 1,000 staff, the family-owned company develops products and services in digital and other media for the medical and chemistry sectors. Operating internationally with offices in 11 cities worldwide, the Thieme Group works closely with a strong network of experts and partners. The products and services are based on the high-quality content of Thieme's 200 journals and 4,400 books. With solutions for professionals, Thieme supports relevant information processes in research, education, and patient care. Medical students, physicians, nurses, allied health specialists, hospitals, health insurance companies and others interested in health and healthcare are at the focus of Thieme's activities. The mission of the Thieme Group is to provide these markets with precisely the information, services, and products they need in their specific work situation and career.
If you meet the requirements, please send us your online application quoting the reference number 21-100330 including covering letter and salary requirement as well as your earliest possible starting date.