Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel pharmaceuticals with operational sites in Europe and the US. The company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative drugs into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge-base for the treatment of diseases related to neuroscience, pain, oncology, inflammation, and metabolic diseases. Leveraging these skills and expertise, the company intends to develop best-in-class differentiated therapeutics and deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
To join our team and contribute to our collaborative drug discovery projects, the In Vitro Pharmacology department in Hamburg is looking for a highly motivated, creative, and passionate
Research Assistant / Senior Research Assistant (f/m/d) - Full-time and permanent
Your key responsibilities
- Perform in vitro biology/pharmacology experiments to support pre-clinical research in disease areas including fibrosis, neuroscience, oncology, and inflammation
- Optimize and implement cellular and biochemical assays in 96-well / 384-well plate format on various technology platforms
- In particular, contribute to the development of image-based and other cellular functional assays using primary cells, iPSCs or cell lines for compound screening and profiling
- Design, plan, and execute experiments independently with high attention to detail and quality criteria
- Work efficiently within a team environment in a matrix organization
- Manage project demands and support project leaders by ensuring delivery of high quality data in a timely fashion
- Plan, analyze, and record experiments in electronic lab notebooks
Your ideal qualifications
- Successfully completed apprenticeship (BTA/CTA/MTA), Bachelor or Master studies in the field of biological sciences / in vitro pharmacology or related subjects
- Hands-on in vitro lab-based research experience in an academic, pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment is an advantage
- Experience of cell-culture and performing cellular and biochemical assays using multiple technologies (e.g. ELISA, FLIPR, radiometric techniques) in mid/high-throughput (96-well or 384-well format assays) is required
- Hands-on experience and understanding of immunofluorescence, high-content imaging, TR-FRET, MSD, flow cytometry and standard molecular and biochemical protein techniques such as transient transfections in cell lines, qPCR, SDS-PAGE, and Western Blotting would be an advantage
- Proficiency in data analysis software, such as Excel and GraphPad Prism (or similar) required, preferentially including experience of curve-fitting to assess potency of compounds.
- Dynamic personality with high levels of drive, enthusiasm, commitment, and ability to cope with pressure. Importantly, enthusiasm, interest, and desire to contribute to discovering new drugs for serious diseases.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and in cross-functional teams
- Desire to work independently and take on ownership for project work from experiment design to analysis and interpretation of results.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English. German would be an advantage
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Capital forming benefits, flexible working hours, holiday pay, and annual bonus depending on performance
To apply, please click on the "Jetzt bewerben" button and provide your application documents (CV and cover letter, including earliest possible start date and salary requirements). We are looking forward to get to know you and to your application.
Evotec SE • Human Resources • Essener Bogen 7 • 22419 Hamburg
Treffen Sie uns auf der T5 JobMesse am 16.10.2019 in Hamburg
Eintritt frei. Mehr Info und Anmeldung hier!