Job Advertisement Leibniz-HKI-42/2021
The Leibniz Center for Photonics in Infection Research (LPI, www.lpi-jena.de) is a project of the National Roadmap for Research Infrastructures of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). As one of the supporting institutions of the LPI, the Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology - Hans Knöll Institute - (Leibniz-HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de) is looking to recruit a
Research Coordinator (f/div/m)
for 2 years initially with the possibility of extension.
The LPI is being established by a consortium of four supporting institutions (Leibniz-HKI, Leibniz-IPHT, FSU Jena, University Hospital Jena). In the future, scientists at the LPI will combine photonic technologies with infection research and thus contribute to the development of new diagnostic and therapeutic methods for human medicine. Research results will be transferred to clinical practice along the entire value chain. A coordination office will be established at each participating institution to manage all scientific, administrative and organizational interactions between the respective institution and the LPI and to actively shape the establishment of the center in the context of the strategic profile development of Jena as a research location. To this end, the coordination office is responsible for efficient internal and external communication, reports to the board of the Leibniz-HKI and to prepare draft decisions.
- A high level of motivation to decisively and proactively advance the research and control of infectious diseases within the framework of LPI
- A university degree in the natural or life sciences with a doctorate
- Extensive experience in the management of large, transdisciplinary research collaborations
- Active participation in the acquisition of external funding and the management of large project budgets
- Adherence to deadlines in teamwork at the interface between science, administration and funding agencies
- Responsible management of reporting, contributing own text and collecting the required data
- An integrative personality with great creative drive, assertiveness and excellent networking skills
- Experience in the conception, organization and implementation of scientific events
- Active participation in building up a partner/user network and strategy development for the center
- Very good communication skills in German and English, intercultural competence and experience abroad
A responsible position in the coordination of a highly innovative research network
- A lively and dynamic network of excellent partners from science and industry
- An open and collegial atmosphere between all involved persons and institutions
Salary is paid according to German TV-L (salary agreement for public service employees). As an equal opportunity employer, the Leibniz-HKI is committed to increasing the percentage of female scientists and therefore especially encourages them to apply.
For further information:
Dr. Michael Ramm | +49 3641 532 1011 | email@example.com
Complete applications in English, including a cover letter with a brief statement of research experiences, a CV with a complete list of publications, and the addresses of three possible referees should be submitted by September 12, 2021, via the Leibniz-HKI online application system.