Join Tecan! Join the market leader! Work in a dynamic international environment and share our success!
Tecan is a leading global provider of automated laboratory instruments and solutions. Our systems and components help people working in clinical diagnostics, basic and translational research and drug discovery bring their science to life.
You will have the unique opportunity to make an active contribution to the successful further development of Tecan. As part of our Life Science Business division we are seeking a motivated professional for the position of
Sales Specialist Analytical Chemistry & Mass Spectometry (m/f)
Main Territory: Germany, Switzerland and Austria
The Sales Specialist is responsible for selling Tecan's MS Sample Prep product line within the defined territory. His/her primary roles are to ensure that their sales objectives are met or exceeded within acceptable profit goals. He/she will also work directly with existing & new customers to identify their needs, understand their application methodology and apply this knowledge to offer a Tecan solution.
Your main tasks:
- Develops and maintains a high level of consultative sales skills, product and application methodology knowledge in sample preparation for LC/MS with associated features and benefits required to convert customer needs to sales.
- Focuses on maintaining existing customers and i.e. acquiring new customers, creating reference customers.
- Analyze relevant market requirements with regard to product innovations and pricing, including reagent leasing models
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operational improvements.
- Obtains sufficient knowledge of accounts in order to develop and maintain account strategies to convert specific company needs to Tecan solutions.
- Budgeting for existing and potential customers, preparation of forecasts for territory, maintenance of CRM, creation of reports
- Responsible for supporting all aspects of the sale, from pre-sale, including quotes, contracts, demonstration, through the installation and post-sale support process.
- Support the definition and implementation of the necessary territorial marketing measures for this product group - mailings, workshops, user groups etc. in collaboration with the sales development team.
- Ability to travel, even on short notice
- Handles essential tasks as assigned, and responds to change productively.
For this position we are looking for well-organized and business oriented person with a scientific degree and practical experience in LC/MS sample prep solutions in clinical chemistry. Alternatively the candidate provides a technical education with proven experience in LC/MS sample prep solutions sales and applications.
You have at least 3 years of working experience in an internationally operating industrial enterprise or in a major clinical laboratory. Excellent oral and written skills in German and English is required, the knowledge of additional languages are an asset. You are a flexible individual with the ability to think quickly and execute on time. Furthermore a highly analytical mind-set, effective communication skills and a strong sense of cross functional agility are important ingredients for the success in this role.
Possessing a valid driver's license is also required.
If you are able to work well under pressure and to manage workload with high degree of independence then we offer you a challenging position in a dynamic and international organization.
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English online.
Candidates with a high level of commitment and initiative are encouraged to apply. To apply, please submit your resume to: Tecan Deutschland GmbH, Werner-von-Siemens-Str. 23, 74564 Crailsheim, Tel: 0049 7951 9417 638, Fax: 0049 7951 9417 538, Mail: Michaela.Frueck-Pfanz@Tecan.com