Role: SAP Solution Manager
Number of positions: 1
Location: Munich, Germany
Duration: until September 2019 – option to extend
Remote or Onsite: Onsite
Level: at least 3+ years
Contract Type: Freelance
Other: Candidates must be eligible to work as a freelancer in Germany with all the necessary permits/documentation/visas.
One of the main goals of the project is the usage of SAP standard solutions as far as possible and the interconnected dismantling of Siemens-specific extensions, which have been realized and are being used extensively in today´s solutions
The IT tool “SAP Solution Manager” (current version 7.2) together with the add-on components “Focused Build” and “Focused Insight” is applied in the project to ensure the agile way of working and an integrated project documentation, transport and test management.
- User Support for the IT tool SAP Solution ManagerBased on the way of working defined in FocuS/4 and how to apply it in SAP Solution Manager, key user requests are answered, FAQ are derived and incorporated in the user guidelines. Components are Focused Build, Transport Management based on Focused Build and ChaRM. Conduct lessons learned and de-rive improvement measures.
- Mapping & Documentation of the Agile Way of Working to SAP Solution ManagerContinuously maintain and update the SAP Solution Manager documentation in FocuS/4 based on adoption / continuous improvement in agile way of working. Improvements and changes are defined in the project and handed over via Backlog items in Release Management.Ensure up-to-date knowledge on Focused Build / SAP Solution Manager 7.2 using standard means by SAP and the SAP resources in the project. Continuously assess where new / adopted functionality in Solution Manager / Focused Build feature packs / releases may help to improves the way of working and derive proposals how to improve the way of working
- Transport Management LandscapeAnalyze and design the transport landscape based on requirements from the business teams and recommendations from SAP including documentation. For major changes in the landscape conduct proof of concepts and document the results.Implement the transport landscape in FocuS/4, define transport schedules and conduct transports according to the schedule. Monitor success of transports and inform the business users.
- Design & Setup ITSM processes for project modeBased on the project guidelines design and implement the ITSM processes for the project mode.
- Good practice sharingBased on experience with other Focused Build / Solution Manager 7.2 implementations, share good practices in the FocuS/4 project to increase efficiency.
- Design transformation of project mode to future Service Operation Model for FocuS/4Based on the Siemens IT Guideline design and implement the transformation from project mode to the operation mode.Topics 1-5 would apply for the operation mode in analogy.
- System operation managed through SAP Solution ManagerBased on the Siemens IT Guideline operate and monitor the SAP Solution Man-ager for the defined components handed over to the provider. This also includes design and implementation of the authorization model –following recommendation of SAP and Siemens IT Guidelines. Assign authorization and roles to SAP Solution Manager users.
- SAP Solution Manager 7.2
- AP HANA S/4
- SAP ChaRM (Change request management)
Languages: Fluent German
Deadline: 03rd October 2018
Tagwords: SAP Solution Manager 7.2, SAP HANA S/4, SAP ChaRM