Senior Analyst (m/f) Global Trade Compliance
Objectives of the Position:
The purpose of this position is to Support the import/export compliance and operational activities as well as all efforts in Germany to ensure adherence with laws improve operational efficiency, and facilitate reduction of tariff and non-tariff barriers.
Key responsibilities include coordinating all operational imports/exports, secondary liaison with German Customs Authorities and other relevant Government Agencies, provide guidance to local AbbVie business personnel, development & deploy trade compliance procedures/policies, lead audit defense related to AbbVie’s international trade activity, and serve as the local subject matter expert for the AbbVie Global Trade Compliance organization.
- Ensure that all import/export transactions are in compliance with Customs Law.
- Work directly with the site to resolve day-to-day issues that result in border delays.
- Act as the secondary point of contact with customs to address any requests for audits and inspections.
- Provide guidance to local AbbVie business on matters concerning import & export requirements.
- Manage the integrity of trade data for local German purposes (i.e. tariff code, country of origin) and support monitoring of the system in which they are maintained.
- Provide guidance on documentation, tariff classification, customs valuation, and country of origin determination.
- Monitor trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes and alert the appropriate parties internally on the impact to the business.
- Develop and drive solutions/strategies to issues faced by the businesses and the necessary controls around any change.
- Support import/export/duty management projects that focus on driving efficiencies or cost savings for the company.
- Provide training and knowledge sharing to improve business knowledge and operational performance, and ensure compliance with importing/exporting regulations.
- Manage the capturing and analyzing of metrics associated with the German operation for reporting up to the site and Global Trade Compliance leadership.
- Partner with GTC functional managers to deploy a self-audit program to ensure continued compliance with customs law and internal policies.
- University of applied sciences degree in a related field (e.g., international trade, supply chain, logistics, public management & policy, public revenue and treasury) or degree from a public customs academy or public finance
- 3-5 years of experience working in a broker’s agency, multinational company, or consulting firm, in customs authority
- Working experience in pharma enviroment is a plus
- Proficient in English, a third language such as Italian, Spanish preferred
- Knowledge on Administration, Foreign Trade, Customs Law, Tariff Codes is necessary
- Knowledge and experience on German Customs
- In-depth knowledge with MS Excel and SAP GTS, EEC and BW
- In-depth knowledge on import/export regulations and activities is necessary
- Proactive negotiation abilities
- Strong leadership and communications skills
We are looking forward to your application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.