Our Mission and Vision
At Moderna we are pioneering the development of a new class of drugs made of messenger RNA (mRNA). This novel drug platform builds on the discovery that modified mRNA can direct the body's cellular machinery to produce nearly any protein of interest, from native proteins to antibodies and other entirely novel protein constructs that can have therapeutic activity inside and outside of cells.
We have a clear mission to propel the field of mRNA science forward and deliver new medicines to patients and a unique vision for how to achieve this mission.
Senior Director / Director Commercial Operations, EMEA Region
Reporting to the VP, Head of EMEA region, the Senior Director / Director of Commercial Operations will play a crucial role in both developing and realizing a transformative experience for Moderna's customers located throughout Europe, Africa & Middle East region.
Using your commercial operations broad experience and understanding of the Healthcare marketplaces across this geography you will work closely with internal stakeholders including marketing, alliance management, finance, supply chain, manufacturing, account management, medical in order to build best in class commercial processes to effectively drive our business across EMEA. In order to be successful, it is essential for the Director of Commercial Operations, to be able to lead cross-functional projects/teams, build strong business relationships at multiple levels in the organization and have strong experience and proved track record when it comes to marketing, sales force effectiveness/productivity, sales operations, and account management excellence.
At Moderna, we work collaboratively as a team, we boldly strive for excellence, we are constantly curious and committed to ongoing learning and improvement, and we are relentless in our pursuit of the best talent in the industry.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Oversee the supply and demand allocation mechanism across the various geographies and the selected supply chains
- Institutionalize the right Key performance indicators and the appropriate feedback loop mechanism capturing the customers feedback, critical during the launch period
- Support design & deployment of the most effective and efficient key account organization across EU markets
- Coordinate with the various internal functions all tender requests within the territory
- Identify & execute prioritized market research (targeting, segmentation, account mapping) in all key EU markets
- Coordinate in time the appropriate training interventions for the customer facing teams
- Build enduring relationships with Moderna's customers to exceed expectations related to order management, product delivery and ongoing customer service.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Marketing , Alliance Management, Finance and Account Management Teams to help coordinate and measure the execution of our commercial strategy and tactics within the territory
- Oversee activities of the Moderna Customer Contact & Medifo Center and ensure the relevant insights are captured and integrated back in the medical and commercial startegies.
- Work closely with the Pricing/Contracting, Legal and Account Management Teams to implement the operational aspects of Moderna's go to market contracting strategy.
- Coordinate activities with Moderna's Digital and Marketing Teams to ensure continued evolution of novel customer-facing and internal technology platforms.
- Lead and/or participate in cross-functional teams focusing on continual improvement of Moderna's customer experience
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS, Marketing, Business, Supply Chain and minimum of 10 - 15+ years Sales/Marketing Operations experience in Vaccines, Pharmaceuticals or Biotech.
- Management/oversight experience with call center representatives and/or partner sales organizations.
- Working knowledge, the purchase mechanisms across the various EU countries for vaccines and pharmaceutical products in the government and private sectors.
- Demonstrated success in account management and sales function
- Understanding of the distribution flow (of vaccines and pharmaceutical products from manufacturer to end-user health care provider including order entry, product delivery, inventory receipt, invoicing and managing product returns.
- Understanding in the various EU countries of the pricing, reimbursement and market access mechanisms as well as the national/regional government tender and procurement mechanisms
- Demonstrated success in exceeding customer service & new product launch KPIs and sales targets in a specialty and/or high-volume environment.
- Experience in successfully leading cross-functional teams to develop innovative and novel customer solutions.
- Proven track record in designing appropriate Market research plan, customer insights requirements, forecasting models/capabilities
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written). English is a must plus min 1 additional language (Ger, Fre, Ita, Spa)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to design and lead cross functionally multiple projects & initiatives
- Strong business acumen and international commercial experience demonstrated in Europe
Moderna is advancing messenger RNA (mRNA) science to create a new class of transformative medicines for patients. mRNA medicines are designed to direct the body's cells to produce intracellular, membrane or secreted proteins that can have a therapeutic or preventive benefit and have the potential to address a broad spectrum of diseases. The Company's platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, providing Moderna the capability to pursue in parallel a robust pipeline of new development candidates. Moderna is developing therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases, and autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, independently and with strategic collaborators.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Moderna currently has strategic alliances for development programs with AstraZeneca, Plc. and Merck, Inc., as well as the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Defense, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a division of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI). Moderna has been ranked in the top ten of Science's list of top biopharma industry employers for the past five years.