About Ferring Pharmaceuticals
FERRING GmbH is the German production company of the internationally operating and strongly expanding FERRING Group, headquartered in Saint-Prex, Switzerland. In Kiel we produce important products for the pharmaceutical market in the product areas of reproductive medicine, endocrinology, urology, pediatrics and gastroenterology. We use state-of-the-art production facilities to manufacture mainly sterile drug forms, with a focus on peptide hormones. Research and development are of great importance in the FERRING Group and in our company philosophy. Ferring has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its products in 110 countries. At our site in Kiel, we employ around 450 people.
For further information on Ferring or its products, visit www.ferring.com.
Senior Project Manager Global Engineering (m/w/d)
Kiel, Deutschland - Ferring GmbH
As part of the Global Engineering team, you will lead and manage our strategic engineering operations project in Kiel, ensuring that environmental, health and safety (EHS), quality, time and cost targets are met. In charge to structure and implement the overall project within agreed strategy, EHS guidelines, cost and timeline, you will be in charge of all aspects of the project including design, construction management, up to Operational Qualification and transfer technical knowledge into Global Manufacturing Network (GMN, our customer). Main point of contact for all technical matters, you will proactively advocate the use of QbD, Lean Engineering and 6 Sigma methodologies. True leader with a strong technical experience and expertise in the pharma industry, you will manage the project team to safely deliver, on time, to stated quality & budget and to company's satisfaction, acting as coordinator between the PM/EPCM company, project vendors and company's key stakeholders.
Your main responsibilities
- Lead/manage the project up to completion of Operational Qualification including after action reviews
- Managing the engineering & design, procurement, cost control & scheduling as well as EHS and construction management in line with project budget and schedule.
- Managing, monitoring and coordinating all key aspects of the project, including but not limited to cost, value, risk, logistics, neighbor relations, safety, quality, HS&E, and design.
- Undertaking the contract administration according to company's agreement boilerplates, VOB and German regulations.
- Establishing key relationships with the vendors and company's key stakeholders.
- Managing, using LEAN construction tools, the construction activities on site in close collaboration with site project team, site management and Global PMO.
- Providing accurate financial reports on time (forecasts, budgets, estimated to complete, fees etc.).
- Managing and developing the team to ensure objectives are met and staff are supported and motivated. Assessing resources availability on a regular basis and bring in additional support when needed.
- Ensuring safe project working practices
- Representing the company in a presentable and professional manner.
Required experience & competences
- Degree in Chemical / Pharma / Mechanical / (Process) Engineering or equivalent
- Longterm experience (ideally 10+ years) in pharmaceutical/biotechnology with demonstrated project management experience, including design principals and management, construction processes, qualification and validation
- Good knowledge of various types pharmaceutical manufacturing processes/technologies.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to influence and work across organizational boundaries in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to work well as an integral part of a large Project Team but also as a self-starter.
- Experience with validation of pharmaceutical processes according to cGMPs.
- Ideally experience with Lean methodologies and Value Engineering
- Understanding of built environment and the construction lifecycle.
- Sound knowledge of German contract law (BGB, VOB, HOAI), health and safety regulations
- Successful track record of managing contractors and other stakeholders.
- Expertise in managing budgets up to €100m and forecasting expenditure.
- Fluency in German and English
- Good communication skills
- Location in Kiel or willing to relocate
- Ability to travel (less than 30%) and visit suppliers, headquarter etc.
- Interesting and diverse roles in an internationally operating, innovative and owner-managed company
- An open corporate culture and a positive working atmosphere in a collegial team, where we also celebrate our success together
- Challenging tasks and design possibilities in a future-oriented industry
- Performance-related career plans including bonus model
- Attractive social benefits (e.g. Christmas salary, holiday pay, allowance for capital formation, company pension scheme, etc.)
- Offers on the topics of health promotion, work-life balance as well as family & work
- Extensive training and development opportunities: we develop our employees (m/w/d) within the framework of individual programs (e.g. development program for managers and junior managers)
- Possibilities for individual career planning and personal development in an internationally operating environment
- Public traffic company subscription
- Free parking spaces
- Free drinks and fresh fruits
You are interested and would like to know more about this opportunity?
Please apply on our career page or on our applicant management system Workday. Please upload all documents (cover letter, resume, references) collected in one document.
Ferring (the Group) are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities to all prospective employees within the recruitment process. The Group complies with and supports all national and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination. Please note that the Group is supported by Serendi for Talent Acquisition Services. As their Recruitment Process Outsourcing provider Serendi is exclusively in charge of the above-mentioned position. Your data is handled according to the compliance guidelines of the Group. Please see the Recruitment Data Privacy Statement for more information