Senior Regional Purchasing Manager (m/f)
Primary Function/ Objectives/ Goals:
- The primary function of Purchasing is to economically and efficiently purchase goods and services commensurate with AbbVie policies and objectives, while adhering to a strict standard of business ethics and integrity.
- Provide maximum value to the corporation through coordinated, site purchasing for direct and indirect goods and services within Region. Lead the regional purchasing strategy and implement respective category strategies.
- Provide coordination for like purchases across all functions and sites, ensuring bundling of spend to optimize buying leverage for the company. Maximize value to the corporation through the coordination of multiple purchasing organizations in accordance with corporate policies and business objectives.
- Ability to lead multi-cultural teams and encourage open exchange of ideas and knowledge, to leverage cross-functional alignment.
- Proactive approach which is relationship orientated, customer focused, team based, highly analytical, creative, dynamic (must stay abreast of global economics), and without error in its execution.
- Oversee annual expenditure of approximately $400MM. Magnitude of purchases often places incumbent in lead negotiation position to secure contracts over $5MM (or $2MM) to meet specific needs of the corporation and its divisions.
- Lead and manage Affiliate Purchasing Teams in Region.
- Ability to translate global and regional strategies into implementation tactics, communicate clearly and allocate responsibilities to cross-functional teams.
- Oversee and coordinate local purchasing activities to ensure local compliance with global Purchasing Policies and Procedures.
- Support the organisation having the necessary items they need to effectively perform their tasks on a daily basis.
- Ensure the execution of standards, controls, policies, procedures and performance metrics to effectively and efficiently manage the acquisition and reporting of indirect third-party spend across the region.
- Establish aggressive ambitious goals, establish clear expectations, provide timely, accurate feedback - both positive and negative - and take appropriate follow-up action.
- Close liaison with Indirect Category Management, Process/System Lead and other Regional Leads to support and execute PSM strategy (and facilitate adoption) and projects and share best practice.
- Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
- Aligning country, regional and global opportunities to increase buying leverage for the company.
- Identify the risk which could compromise the implementation of the global strategy.
- Support Affiliates in establishing rules of engagement within the region.
- Align skills of direct reporting purchasing managers to ensure effective business support in the respective Affiliate.
- Understand local requirements (take in consideration local laws) and business needs and communicate into PSM Group. Work as a partner with regional/local FD, GMs, QA, OEC and commercial business.
- Monthly status quo review of affiliate activities, projects, savings etc.
- Achieve, track and report annual planned savings target for indirect spend in region.
Accountability / Scope:
- Represent company at all levels of supplier management or outside purchasing related organisations.
- Aligned with global and regional category strategies, create purchasing strategies and programs necessary to implement programs within region that aligned with global and regional category strategies and enable the corporation to obtain maximum value from
- Develop strategic relationships within the region with suppliers and outside companies that effect all divisions of the corporation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or comparable qualification in Finance, Commercial or related discipline
- At least 5-7 Extensive years of progressive experience in a purchasing managerial role, preferably in Pharmaceutical industry
- Procurement management certification (eg CPM, MCIPS)
- Working experience at manufacturing site in purchasing role
- Solid understanding of the business needs/problems
- Experience in people leadership, managing cross-functional teams
- Experience of working in a complex matrix organisation
- Strong indirect purchasing experience
- Strong organizational skills required to coordinate and manage multiple cross divisional work process and projects
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Individual must be self-motivated with great follow-up skills and be able to work independently
- Ability to make the difficult decisions, anticipate problems and develop contingency plans and act quickly to resolve issues
- Ability to attract, develop and retain talent. Ability to recognize, reward, and promote people based on their performance, achievement of results and development of competencies
- Strong time management and planning skills required to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while adapting to changes in business requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, inc strong written and oral English language skills
- Systems: SAP & Purchasing Systems (ECC & SRM), Contract Management Tool, E-Sourcing Tool, materials management, inventory planning, supply chain
- Knowledge of the healthcare and pharmaceutical environment is advantageous Understanding of global policies, procedures and regulations (Purchasing- Inventory, Document Retention Policies, etc.)
We are looking forward to your application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Learn more about AbbVie Deutschland at www.abbvie.de Visit http://www.abbvie-care.de for more information about the therapeutic areas in which we’re active.