Discover a world of opportunities. #HumanChemistry
See what chemistry can do for your career: careers.evonik.com
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 137705
Senior Scientific Editor (m/f/div) in Market Communications
Location: Germany: Darmstadt || Germany: Hanau
Career Level: Senior professionals (> 5 years)
Legal Entity: Evonik Industries AG
Business Line: Communications, Industrial & Economic Policy
Evonik, one of the world's leading specialty chemicals companies, stands for appealing business and innovative strength. We work in a trustful and performance-oriented corporate culture that is geared to profitable growth and increasing the value of the company. In more than 100 countries, we benefit from our proximity to customers, and our leading market positions. More than 32,000 employees are bound by a claim: No product is so perfect that it couldn't be made better.
We don't produce car tires, mattresses, tablets, or animal feed. However, these end products contain Evonik products - like 4,000 others, too. Often, it's just a small amount that we contribute but that's exactly what makes the difference. This is how Evonik makes tires more fuel-efficient, mattresses bouncier, tablets more effective, and animal nutrition healthier. That's specialty chemicals. And we are one of the best in the world.
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
- Conceptualization, coordination, research, editing and quality assurance of external print, online and audiovisual publications of all kinds, including press releases, speaking notes, video scripts, materials for web conferences, designed collateral, science newsletters, product stories and web pages
- Feed ongoing media relations campaigns with compelling, creative pitch angles; draft media materials; liaise with target editors / journalists to strengthen relationships and pitch story ideas
- Development of quality standards, uniform processes as well as selection of external content service providers (preparation of pitches, briefing, screening) in cooperation with the Head of Content Chapter
- Writing speeches for divisional board members, executives and managers
- Plan and execute press events such as press conferences, press receptions etc.; ensure excellent briefing and preparation of company representatives for press appearances
- Responsibility for planning and implementing media and communications training for executives
- Advanced university degree in natural sciences, medicine or another related subject, preferably with a PhD and supplemented by journalistic qualifications
- Ideally industry experience in the pharmaceutical or life science sector
- Several years of experience in communications or media industry in various functions
- Ability to work in an agile matrix organization
- Ability to track down topics, research them effectively and quickly, evaluate them, and effectively introduce them into the editorial process
- Strong and versatile writing skills coupled with exceptional editing skills
- Ability to adjust language and content complexity to target audiences
- Excellent English language skills at native level, German language skills are an advantage but not mandatory
- Willingness to travel occasionally
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com.
Please address your application to Yvonne Milbrodt. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact our Recruiting Center Team at 0800 2386645 (Germany only) or +49 201 177 4200.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 137705
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.