- Astronomy & Astrophysics
Art der Stelle
Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Stellenangebot vom 12.09.2022
The Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS) conducts fundamental research in the field of solar and planetary physics. For ESA's current project JUICE (JUpiter ICy Moons Explorer), in which the MPS is involved with the Submillimetre Wave Instrument (SWI), the institute is looking for a: Software Engineer (m/f/d)
- Supporting of development and verification of the JUICE SWI software
- Supporting of the JUICE SWI operations and ground segment activities
- Highly motivated, problem solving attitude, continuous learner, team player
- University degree in software, electronics, applied physics or similar qualification
- Experienced in embedded systems programming
- Coding experience in C/C++, Modula, Oberon, etc.
- Good knowledge of Linux environment
- Fluency in English
- The following topics are considered assets:
- Experience in ESA space projects
- German language
- Multithreading programming and Data Structures
- Experience with FPGA platforms
The position is due to be filled as soon as possible. Employment is initially limited in time until December 2023 with possibility of extension. Payment is made according to TVÖD E13 (BUND) depending on qualification and work experience. Teleworking can be discussed case by case. Social benefits correspond to the regulations of the public service.
As a scientific institution, the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research offers an attractive and sophisticated environment with the possibility of implementing one’s own ideas and concepts. The Max Planck Society strives for gender equity and diversity. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more severely disabled people. Applications from severely disabled persons are explicitly encouraged.
Applications will be reviewed until October 15, 2022. For further information about the institute, please visit our homepage. For any questions regarding the tasks, please contact Dr. Paul Hartogh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply with informative documents (resume, cover letter) exclusively online via our
application portal. We look forward to receiving your online application.