- Developmental and Evolutionary Biology & Genetics
- Immunobiology and Infection Biology & Medicine
- Structural and Cell Biology
Art der Stelle
System Administrator (m/f/d)
Stellenangebot vom 09.12.2020
caesar is a neuroethology institute located in Bonn that studies how the collective activity of the vast numbers of interconnected neurons in the brain gives rise to the plethora of animal behaviors. Our research spans a large range of scales from the nano-scale imaging of brain circuitry, to large-scale functional imaging of brain circuitry during behavior, to the quantification of natural animal behaviors. caesar is closely associated with the Max Planck Society and shares its scientific principles.
We are currently looking for a System Administrator (m/f/d) (full time at 38,5 hours/week) to join our central service facility “Scientific Computing” at the next possible opportunity. The position will initially be for 2 years with the possibility for extension.
- The administration of our new HPC cluster CPU /GPU nodes and a disc storage system is your main duty. This includes the administration of the Linux server infrastructure of the HPC cluster (update management, system monitoring tools, etc.), the administration of the HPC-relevant network infrastructure, as well as the storage infrastructure and the management of the backup and restore procedures.
- You will ensure IT security and data protection in the Scientific Computing IT environment and will be responsible for system monitoring with the corresponding tools, and you will ensure a smooth troubleshooting process.
- The co-management of user accounts in the HPC cluster, system-related user support, and assisting with the preparation of related documentation will also be your responsibility.
- Basic monitoring and management of the server-room infrastructure (cluster hardware, cooling and electric infrastructure, server-room access, etc.) is a main duty for you and will in part be shared with other colleagues.
- You will assist with monitoring of system inventory (including software and licenses) and with planning the procurement of replacement and additional components.
- Successfully completed studies in computer sciences or vocational training as a System Administrator, “Fachinformatiker”, “Kaufmann für IT-Systemmanagement” or comparable qualifications.
- At least 2 years of experience with and knowledge of operation, management and administration of HPC-clusters including experience with
- Linux OS (CentOS/RHEL),
- relevant software packages/environments, e.g. Cluster-Management Software (xCAT or similar), Job Scheduler SLRUM, Container technology (e.g. Docker, Singularity), etc.,
- Data Storage Systems GPFS/IBM Spectrum Scale, BeeGFS, Lustre or similar,
- scripting languages and Infiniband networking software and tools.
- An international and collaborative environment in a stimulating scientific institute.
- A salary commensurate with the work.
- Outstanding employee benefits, a family-friendly culture at the institute, flexible working hours.
- Opportunities for further training.
caesar is committed to diversity and inclusion and is aiming to increase the percentage of handicapped persons in areas where they are under-represented. We therefore explicitly encourage disabled candidates to apply. The research center also strives for gender equality and diversity. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please submit your application online via our website.
This call will be open until the position is filled.
If you have any further questions, please contact:
Christoph Geisen, Tel.: +49(0)228 / 9656-200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Marcelo Cintra, Tel.: +49(0)228 / 9656-210 or email@example.com