Art der Stelle
Technical Assistant (f/m/d)
Stellenangebot vom 19.12.2019
The Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry is one of the largest institutes of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science and conducts basic research to advance knowledge and benefit society. Innovative projects and interdisciplinary cooperation characterize research within the Max Planck Society.
The Life-cell Imaging Facility (Dr. Peter Lenart) is seeking to recruit at the next possible date a Technical Assistant (f/m/d) (Code number 32-19).
- Carry out routine cleaning, calibration and maintenance of flow cytometers and FACS equipment, as well as other biophysical equipment and microscopes in the Facility, and coordinate with manufacturers, as required
- Support and training of Facility users in sample preparation (e.g. staining protocols)
- Support of Facility users in cell culture
- Analysis of diverse probes (incl. bacteria, yeast, cell culture, cells derived from embryos and tissues) by flow cytometry and FACS, including data analysis
- Training of Facility users on flow cytometers, FACS and other biophysical instruments (e.g. plate reader, fluorimeter, microscopes)
- Optimization of staining protocols for fixed and live cell and tissue samples
- Maintenance of the booking system, and databases for protocols, reagents, and dyes
- Help with organisational tasks of the research group
- Completed degree as technical assistant (MTA/BTA/PTA) or a comparable qualification
- Extensive and proven expertise in operation, support and maintenance of hardware and software components of current flow cytometers and FACS equipment
- Good general understanding of optical and biophysical instruments
- Experience in cell culture and sterile work
- Proficiency in MS-Office applications
- Extended IT-knowledge, e.g. databases and programming languages are of advantage
- Analytical thinking, independent, diligent, and responsible working style
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Willingness to work in an international and interdisciplinary environment
The position is limited to two years. The payment is according to the qualification and professional experience and based on the TVöD guidelines.
Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Please send your application preferentially per E-Mail (as concatenated PDF-file) until 31.01.2020 to
Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry
Life-cell Imaging Facility
Dr. Peter Lenart
Am Faßberg 11