- Developmental and Evolutionary Biology & Genetics
- Immunobiology and Infection Biology & Medicine
Art der Stelle
Technical Assistant (m/f/d)
Stellenangebot vom 18.05.2021
The position of a Technical Assistant (m/f/d) will be available in the Jenuwein Group at the Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics in Freiburg, Germany. We have established a Drosophila project team to continue an ongoing collaboration with the laboratory of Prof. Dr. Gunter Reuter (University of Halle/Wittemberg). With this ad, we are looking for a technical assistant, who will support the project team in the analysis of Drosophila Su(var) mutants.
The technical assistant position is open immediately and initially funded for two years.
The Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics (MPI-IE) in Freiburg, Germany is an interdisciplinary research institution that conducts basic research in two key areas of modern biology: Immunobiology and Epigenetics. Central questions address the molecular basis of cell type identities, as they are regulated during immune cell differentiation, metabolic response and epigenetic chromatin adaptation.
This project offers exciting possibilities to connect classical fly genetics with molecular approaches to identify novel Su(var) genes and to characterize their function in heterochromatin regulation. As a research assistant in this project you will work closely with the team members. The position also allows collaborative work for Su(var) function in both Drosophila and mouse and is supported by synergistic interactions with other team members of the Jenuwein Group.
- Maintenance of Drosophila Su(var) mutant strains
- Documentation of fly strains and reagents
- Isolation of genomic DNA, sequence and expression analysis of novel Su(var) genes
- Immunostaining of Drosophila tissues and embryos
- Biochemical analysis of Su(var) factors
We are looking for a highly motivated technical assistant that either has a BTA, CTA or MTA degree or can provide equivalent qualifications from extensive laboratory work. Knowledge of and practical experience with basic molecular biology techniques is a must. Previous work with classical Drosophila genetics is a plus. The ability to work in a team and strong communication skills with good command of English language are expected additional assets.
Located in a region that connects Germany, France and Switzerland, our institute offers an international research environment with outstanding infrastructure facilities and a positive working atmosphere that places a high value on work-life balance.
- Salary according to your qualification and professional experience according to TVöD
- Social benefits in line with public service
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Challenging work in a modern working environment
- Family-friendly offers (affiliated day care center at the institute, parent-child room, breastfeeding room, pme family service)
We value and promote diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from severely disabled people. We would also like to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore expressly encourage women to apply.
Have we sparked your interest? Please apply with your complete application documents (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, certificates) via our online applicant portal by 30th of June 2021.
Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics