- Developmental and Evolutionary Biology & Genetics
- Immunobiology and Infection Biology & Medicine
- Structural and Cell Biology
Art der Stelle
Technical Assistant (m/f/d)
Stellenangebot vom 02.06.2021
The Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry (MPIB) in Martinsried, Munich is one of the leading international research institutions in the fields of biochemistry, cell and structural biology and biomedical research. With about 30 scientific departments and research groups and about 800 employees, the MPIB is one of the largest institutes of the Max Planck Society.
For the Department of Cell and Virus Structure (Dr. John Briggs) we are looking for a Technical Assistant (m/f/d).
The technical assistant performs experimental work in the research area of cell and virus structure, supports general lab function, and provides technical support to other members of the department.
Responsibilities will include – other duties may be assigned:
- Preparing and performing standard and difficult experiments in molecular biology, including cloning experiments, nucleic acid purification and analysis and the control of the results
- Maintenance and growth of cell cultures, including transfection and/or infection for production of proteins or virus-like particles
- Performing experiments to purify proteins and viruses and to characterise and control the production and purification of proteins and viruses, including performing some new or difficult methods
- Support of cell culture lab management and organisation
- Care and operation of equipment
- Assistance with stock control, organisation and care of the lab environment
- Preparation of media and buffers
- General lab tasks
- training as a technical assistant (BTA, MTA, CTA) or equivalent degree
- Solid knowledge of standard molecular biology, protein chemistry, and cell biology techniques
- Experience in mammalian cell culture, molecular biology methods, and/or working with proteins or viruses is a strong advantage
- Comfortable with the use of technical, computer-controlled equipment
- Interested in learning new procedures
- Enjoy working in an international and interdisciplinary team
- Very good written and spoken English, confident to use English in the work environment
- Very good organizational skills
- Willingness to work independently, reliably and responsibly
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
Payment will be according to qualifications and in accordance with TVöD (Bund) (German public service tariff scale).
The initial appointment will be for two years with the possibility of extension.
The Max Planck Society strives for gender equality and diversity. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society has set itself the goal of employing more severely disabled people. Applications from severely disabled people are expressly encouraged.
For further information about the Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry.
Have we aroused your interest? Please submit your application documents (pdf-files) via our
online application website by June 30, 2021.