Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.For more information please visit www.Gilead.com
Therapeutic Specialist (m/f)
We are currently looking for a Therapeutic Specialist HCV Franchise (m/f) In this role you will be one of our key contributors in our liver diseases and addictions team providing patients and health care professionals access to our life saving drugs. The focus will be on highly specialised medical doctors (eg. Fachärzten) that provide treatment in a patient driven model with high prevalence of liver diseases. Our Therapeutic Specialists are emphatic with this patient centric approach and they are well versed to discuss and explain the characteristics and benefits of our treatment(s) in this highly scientific and versatile ecosystem with focus on physicians who treat people who inject drugs.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Responsible for achieving coverage and frequency targets and consistently achieving sales targets in assigned territory.
- Represents Gilead's products and services to a defined customer base within a specific geographic area.
- Utilizes a level of product and therapeutic disease working knowledge to promote the appropriate use of Gilead products to healthcare professionals.
- Prepares business plan for own territory, assigns targets and communicates required actions to achieve goals. With guidance, initiates systems to monitor sales progress and action plans.
- Manages territory budgets for customer contacts, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- May work in collaboration with outside partner companies to co-promote products or services.
- May represent company at professional events and promote company products at such events.
- Works cooperatively with Medical Science Liaisons, National Account Managers, Marketing and other internal Gilead team members on various cross-functional projects.
- Works as an individual contributor.
- Builds and extends business relationships with key customers, accounts and relevant key opinion leaders.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities, and communicates proactively to marketing and sales management.
- Completes necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. updating customer database, expenses, etc.
- Responsible for achieving the competency levels required in the role.
- Compliance with all regulatory agencies, state, and national law is required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy and independence.
- Has proven expertise in interpersonal and relationship-building skills, along with strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Is familiar with industry trends and remains current with competitor's resources and practices.
- Can speak to the pros and cons (overall goals of plan, cost vs. efficacy, dosing, duration, etc.) of a product protocol.
- Is able to identify rising issues / solutions / opportunities and is able to present / communicate arguments to management/marketing.
- Demonstrates solid analytical skills, able to identify and understand moderately to complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to management and specialists.
- Is able to work in cross-functional teams.
- Previous pharmaceutical experience is essential and relevant therapeutic working knowledge is desirable.
- Typical candidates will possess a BA or BS degree and relevant sales experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Prior experience in appropriate therapeutic area like PWID (People Who Inject Drugs) and or liver diseases is preferred but not mandatory. Previous Therapeutic indication with high scientific emphasis is highly desired.
- Achievement of any mandatory country-specific pharmaceutical sales certifications is essential.
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment and strong accountability
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objectives
- Structured way of working and operationally excellent
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What's Right),
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity),
- Teamwork (Working Together),
- Excellence (Being Your Best),
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility).
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
Gilead is an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com/careers.