- Developmental and Evolutionary Biology & Genetics
- Immunobiology and Infection Biology & Medicine
Art der Stelle
Two Bioinformaticians (m/f/d)
Stellenangebot vom 18.05.2021
The Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics in Freiburg, Germany, has an opening for two Bioinformaticians (m/f/d) to start at the earliest possible date for an initially period of two years.
The Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics (MPI-IE) in Freiburg, Germany is an interdisciplinary research institution that conducts basic research in two key areas of modern biology: Immunobiology and Epigenetics. Central questions address the molecular basis of cell type identities, as they are regulated during immune cell differentiation, metabolic response and epigenetic chromatin adaptation.
As part of a central Bioinformatics Unit, you will be working in an interdisciplinary team with close links to different departments, research groups, and other core facilities (Deep-Sequencing, Proteomics, Metabolomics). Your tasks will include
- Bioinformatics consultation and in-depth support for OMICS data analyses
- Software development for integrative analysis (e.g. deepTools, snakePipes) and emerging technologies (e.g. single cell assays, long read sequencing)
- help with experimental design and protocol optimization
- Development and maintenance of web services and databases for NGS analysis (Galaxy, Parkour)
- Consultation and training of colleagues on software and web services
- Academic degree (MSc/PhD) in bioinformatics or related field
- strong programming skills (e.g. Linux, Python, R)
- familiarity with large-scale computing and cluster environment (e.g. slurm)
- detailed understanding of OMICS technologies and computational workflows
- solid background in statistical data analysis
- fluency in English
- proven experience in software development and deployment (e.g. Docker)
- experience with databases (SQL) and web frameworks (Django)
- prior experience in the field of immunobiology or epigenetics
We are looking for motivated team players with strong communication skills and the desire to work in a dynamic environment.
Based at the heart of the Black Forest, within close vicinity to Switzerland and France, our institute hosts a vibrant community of international researchers with access to state-of-the-art technology (Illumina sequencers, Oxford Nanopore) and a Petabyte Data Center for high-throughput studies.
- Salary according to your qualification and professional experience according to TVöD
- Social benefits in line with public service
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Challenging work in a modern working environment
- Family-friendly offers (affiliated day care center at the institute, parent-child room, breastfeeding room, pme family service)
We value and promote diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from severely disabled people. We would also like to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore expressly encourage women to apply.
Have we sparked your interest? Please apply with your complete application documents (cover letter, CV and contact details of referees) via our online applicant portal by 30th of June 2021.
Contact for informal inquiries: email@example.com