Role: Virtualisation Expert (m/f/d)
Number of positions: 2
Location: Bern, Switzerland
Duration: until March 2020, option to extend
Remote or Onsite: Onsite
Level: 5+ years
Contract Type: Freelance
Other: Candidates must be eligible to work as a freelancer in Switzerland with all the necessary permits/documentation/visas.
The customer has a services agreement in place, based on this they need 2 x Maintenance Virtualization Platform (T&M) specialists.
Ensure the operation of the virtualization platforms (Cloud and ESXi) as well as the handling of customer inquiries and partner organizations related to support services.
Conception and implementation of HW expansion measures in the context of operational or project work
- Maintain and support the two virtualization platforms (Cloud and ESXi) on both HPE Proliant hardware and VMware vSphere 6.x.
- Error analysis and troubleshooting
- Scaling and expansion of infrastructure
- Participation in the project for the construction of the new data center campus
Required key skills:
- System Specialist
- Operation Know how
- System Administrator
- Strong communication skills – the position requires someone who can communicate clearly and effectively to both technical staff and management.
- Self-starter and proactive nature – the role requires that the successful candidate must proactively reach out to the necessary teams to quickly gather the necessary information and tools to investigate a given problem
- Flexibility – the nature of the role means that the frequency of issues raised will come in peaks and troughs. The successful candidate must be adaptive in terms of workload and working hours to suit the requirements at a given point in time
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Written communication skills – the successful candidate must provide clear and effective written reports/issue updates specific to a given issue analysis to ensure that the broader team and management are always appraised of status and can take additional actions as required
- Language skills – German is key
- Quick 'Learner' – the client environment is technically complex with a number of bespoke tools, the successful candidate is expected to quickly assimilate new technical information and actively seek out information from the relevant teams where gaps in knowledge impact their ability to be effective
Existing Technical Skills expected:
- Very good experience of supporting and maintain virtualization platforms (Cloud and ESXi) on both HPE Proliant hardware and VMware vSphere 6.x.
- Very good experience of error analysis and troubleshooting
- Very good HPE Hardware knowledge (Storage, Network, Compute etc.)
- Very good experience to build concepts and implement them to build and customize the virtualization and cloud platform (hardware and software)
- Very good experience in Dispatcher tasks (Edit support mailbox, troubleshooting and coordination with other specialist teams, maintenance of operating documentation)
- Very good experience in HW and software patching of the platforms according to the defined patch concepts (CS700)
Languages: Fluent German
Deadline: 26th April 2019
Tagwords: Server Virtualisation, Cloud, ESXi, HPE Proliant, VMware vSphere