Role: VMware VCF Architect (m/f/d)
Number of positions: 1
Location: Munich, Germany
Duration: POC period until March 2019 – option to extend (the candidates have the chance to do the implementation phase which is assumed to last around 12 months)
Remote or Onsite: Onsite
Level: 5+ years
Contract Type: Freelance
Other: Candidates must be eligible to work as a freelancer in Germany with all the necessary permits/documentation/visas.
Flexible Cloud Infrastructure RfP / POC:
Customer is refreshing his on-prem solutions with a start-small, scale massive, approach based on VMware vRealize. We are asked to deploy and automate a solution as part of a POC that delivers automated provisioning of resources (separate environments for new tenants) based on HPE Synergy, VMware vRealize components and Cisco network equipment
- Interacting between Vmware and POC team incl. GSE.
- Drive POC implementation from a detailed design perspective - check dependencies and coordinate tasks of SMEs.
- Define Resource needs and address / highlight capability gaps.
- Align Use cases with capabilities and time / scope.
- VMware VCF
- Design and implement solution
- strong communicator
- Skilled Solution architect with knowledge of VMware environments and Synergy / Oneview integration. Architecture design of VMware vCloud Foundation (3.5 Service Provider mode) on HPE Synergy; entrepreneur leadership and willingness to work with VMware / Customer on this.
- Adoption of designs to customer requirements. Design considerations and implementation scenarios for Service Providers
- Automation know-how required.
- Experience from similar previous projects desired.
- Communication and planning skills (needs interaction with GSE and our engineering)
- Technologies involved: vCloud Foundation, VMware stack (vRealize + vSphere, VSAN, NSX) as well as HPE Synergy and our Comware switches
Languages: Fluent English
Deadline: 31st January 2019
Tagwords: VMware VCF, Syngery, Comware, Automation