- Solid State Research & Material Sciences
- Structural and Cell Biology
- Computer Science
Art der Stelle
Web Developer (m/f/d)
Stellenangebot vom 07.05.2020
The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Tübingen is looking for a talented web developer (m/f/d).
The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems is a leading international research institute that addresses fundamental questions in artificial intelligence and robotics. By joining forces with partners from science and industry, we have created one of the largest research collaborations in Europe in the area of intelligent systems: Cyber Valley. The institute sites in Tübingen and Stuttgart conduct cutting-edge research in theory, software, and hardware. We are seeking to hire a Web Developer (m/f/d)
You are a talented developer who knows the web. Your design work is clean, focused and inspiring to others. Our research groups are pushing the boundaries of how scientific research can be integrated with the web, promoting our online presence, and seeking new ways to bring our worldwide research community closer. You will work as part of a small team managing, developing and keeping our institute’s websites up to date with exciting content and new features. You'll be helping researchers publish new datasets, web apps and web services, while developing new tools for using the web to gather data. You will also develop and maintain new tools to support our coordination office run the institute.
With your technical expertise, you’ll be managing your own priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, measure, maintain and enhance the solutions you put in place.
- design and develop websites and webapps for our institute and Max Planck campus site in Tübingen,
- monitor and maintain the above with an eye on performance and quality of user experience,
- partner with researchers in the institute to manage web content,
- support the scientific office department in the institute with their web-based administrative management tools.
- extensive experience developing consumer and/or commercial web apps and web sites,
- proven track record and a passion for designing compelling, user driven experiences,
- strong visual design skills, including an eye for good typography, composition and use of colour,
- exposure to web server configuration/admin (Apache, nginx),
- experience with databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL) and version control systems (preferable git),
- independent and reliable way of working, friendly attitude and high motivation to learn new skills,
- good written / spoken English
You are encouraged to apply if you meet most of the qualifications and most importantly if your skills are transferable.
We offer highly interesting, challenging, and varied tasks at the interface between science and administration in a highly active field of research. A dedicated team awaits you in an international environment with regular opportunities for further education and training. The salary is paid in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD Bund) and the collective agreement on the federal pay scale (TV EntgO-Bund), according to your qualifications. This position is initially for 2 years, with the possibility of extension and will be based in Tübingen. The Max Planck Society strives for gender equality and diversity. We welcome applications from any background. The Max Planck Society also seeks to increase the number of women in leadership positions and strongly encourages qualified women to apply. Furthermore, we seek to employ more people with a disability and strongly encourage them to apply.
Your application must contain a cover letter in English, a curriculum vitae, relevant certificates and work examples as a portfolio if possible. The position is available immediately and will be open until filled. Preference will be given to applications received by June 15, 2020.
Inquiries should be sent to Leila Masri firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your online application as one PDF per email to:
Anja Hollstein email@example.com
For a postal application, please use the following address:
Mrs. Anja Hollstein
Scientific Coordination Office
Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems