- Developmental and Evolutionary Biology & Genetics
- Structural and Cell Biology
Art der Stelle
Lab Assistant (m/f/d) (Technician CTA / BTA / MTA)
Stellenangebot vom 21.01.2023
The research group of Dr. Dora Tang is looking for a Lab Assistant (m/f/d) (Technician CTA/BTA/MTA) in dynamic protocellular systems.
The multidisciplinary group of Dora Tang uses bottom-up approaches to synthesise artificial cells with life-like properties. A range of techniques are used to understand the chemical and physical processes which drive molecular organization in lipids, polymers and proteins to rationally control self-assembly for the construction of novel proto-cellular platforms. This methodology is applied to protein-lipid and protein-polymer interactions as well as in-vitro compartmentalized transcription-translation processes which enables us to activate our compartments in a highly controlled manner.
- Preparation and execution of biochemical and molecular biological experiments in the field of synthetic biology
- Performing cloning work and amplifying plasmids in E.coli., creation of vesicles
- Performing in-vivo and in-vitro expressions of different proteins
- Maintaining databases, safety documentation, lab materials and equipment
- Collaboration with scientific staff, organization and co-supervision of students
- Research technician degree (BTA, MTA), scientific university degree, or comparable qualification
- Experience with molecular cloning and protein purification, ideally also cell free expression systems.
- Ability to implement diverse approaches as part of daily experimental work.
- Familiarity with principles of lab management and S1 genetic safety
- Flexibility, team spirit, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Competence in both English and German languages.
- We offer a diversified job in a young, scientifically oriented, international team in one of the most renowned research institutions worldwide;
- Salary and social benefits will be in accordance with the applicable German tariff for employees in civil service (TVöD Bund) corresponding with qualification, experience and job responsibilities;
- Attractive pension plan via VBL (Federal and State Government Employees' Retirement Fund);
- Discounted job ticket (VVO) and good public transport connections;
- Support for a positive work-life balance, including assistance with family and childcare matters.
The position is available immediately. The initial contract is for 2 years with the possibility of extension.
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
For informal enquiries, please contact the group leader, Dr. Dora Tang via email: email@example.com. Initial questions about contract, compensation, or benefits can be addressed to Brian von Rueden, Head of Human Resources, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your complete application by 15 February 2023 via our online application system stating Code 2023-Technician-ProtocellularSystems-2340.
The following materials should be included:
- Cover letter indicating the motivation to join the Tang lab
- CV including publications
- Academic and professional certificates
- Contact details of 2 approachable academic referees
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
VollzeitbefristetJob Description The lab of André Nadler is seeking a talented, curiosity-driven postdoctoral scientist (m/f/d) to pursue projects investigating the transport of...VollzeitbefristetThe Mateus group at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics Dresden and at the Excellence Cluster Physics of...VollzeitunbefristetDie DB Energie GmbH managt die Energie der Deutschen Bahn für die Eisenbahn in Deutschland. Damit sind wir verantwortlich für den Betrieb...VollzeitunbefristetFür mehr Fahrgäste auf der Schiene und einen umweltfreundlichen Güterverkehr digitalisieren wir, die DB Netz AG, die Infrastruktur der Deutschen Bahn. Gemeinsam...
Ihr Insertionsauftrag wurde erfolgreich versendet.
Wir melden uns in Kürze bei Ihnen.
Ihr T5 Team
T5 Interface GmbH