- Astronomy & Astrophysics
Art der Stelle
System Engineer (m/f/d)
Stellenangebot vom 17.12.2022
The Max Planck Institute for Radio Astronomy (MPIfR) is a world-leading institute in radio astronomical research. It conducts basic astronomical research with projects and collaborations in observatories all over the world and also in space. In Bad Münstereifel-Effelsberg, we operate one of the largest radio telescopes in the world and maintain astronomical receiver systems at observatories around the world.
For large development and production projects within the Electronic division, we are currently looking for a System Engineer (m/f/d).
You will be a member of the project group within the Electronics division and report directly to the individual project leads and / or to the group leader. In the framework of large national and international collaborations you will be organizing projects in parts or as a whole, monitoring the MPIfR deliverables, and secure the quality and as well as the timely implementation. Intensive interactions with the project members and within the Electronics division are a fundamental part of your daily work.
Your work tasks will cover
- setup and implement project structures for new projects.
- frame, document, and organize the project processes from a technical but also an administrative point of view.
- implement and / or secure the internal product assurance process.
- establish and organize the project data and document basis.
- manage all interfaces within the project, including their definition, implementation, and verification.
- prepare, if appropriate together with the project partners, the verification of the deliverables.
- keep up and extend existing national or international contacts.
- if appropriate, small self-contained R&D tasks (also independent from actual projects) can be assigned.
- a relevant qualification (or equivalent relevant professional experience) in either physics, mechanical, or electrical engineering
- outstanding analytical capabilities and the willingness to independently familiarize oneself with new subjects outside the core competencies
- first experiences in development and construction of radio astronomical receiver systems or telescopes and an overview to all relevant technologies required (e.g. optics, high frequency systems, control-software, …)
- excellent communication skills in English (required) and German (preferable) in written, verbal and presentational forms
- remarkable conflict resolution, analytical, and decision-making skills are vital to the position equally
- willingness to travels to national and international partner institutes and observatories (at the time mostly in Europe, China, and South-Africa)
- an international as well as innovative working environment in a first-class research institute with health promotion offers
- a modern, well-equipped workplace, flexible working hours and individual training measures
- payment according to the collective agreement of the public service (TVöD Bund) with all social benefits and an attractive pension scheme (VBL)
The fulltime position is available immediately. The initial contract is for two years.
The Max Planck Society has set itself the goal of employing more severely disabled people. Applications of severely disabled persons are explicitly welcome. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society aims to increase the proportion of women in those areas in which they are underrepresented. Women are therefore expressly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your complete application including (CV-publications-achievements-plan) and your reference letters until 31.01.2023 via our online application portal.
VollzeitbefristetJob Description The lab of André Nadler is seeking a talented, curiosity-driven postdoctoral scientist (m/f/d) to pursue projects investigating the transport of...VollzeitbefristetThe Mateus group at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics Dresden and at the Excellence Cluster Physics of...VollzeitunbefristetDie DB Energie GmbH managt die Energie der Deutschen Bahn für die Eisenbahn in Deutschland. Damit sind wir verantwortlich für den Betrieb...VollzeitunbefristetFür mehr Fahrgäste auf der Schiene und einen umweltfreundlichen Güterverkehr digitalisieren wir, die DB Netz AG, die Infrastruktur der Deutschen Bahn. Gemeinsam...
Ihr Insertionsauftrag wurde erfolgreich versendet.
Wir melden uns in Kürze bei Ihnen.
Ihr T5 Team
T5 Interface GmbH